Should I expect my record? (ebay seller-R)

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Seller: doublea2785
Buyer: Me
Situation: I won a record over 2 weeks ago, paid for it right away and started waiting for it's arrival. Now, the seller is in California and I'm in Baltimore so from doing transactions that were this distance before I know that 2 weeks is more than enough time for the record to arrive, even if the seller slacked and didn't ship it for a few days. After winning the record I checked his feedback and, sure enough, he has customers that waited extremely long to receive their records and some didn't receive them at all. It took me 3 messages to finally get a reply and this is the actual message:
"Oh yeah, sorry - i had a few delays. family issues out of town. i'll let you know soon - thanks for the patience

- doublea2785'

I understand, shit happens but what has me a bit suspicious is "Oh yeah". Did he forget he was a ebay seller? Also, "I'll let you know soon". WTF is that?? Are you shipping it or not??!!

Has anyone dealt with this clown before or, perhaps, is he a Strutter?? Should I expect my record?

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    always check feedback prior to bidding..... save yourself a lot of drama.

• is it unreasonable to ask for refund on shipping/media mail?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If you are lucky, you'll not only get your record but also a spent condom with it.

• HarveyCanal said:
    If you are lucky, you'll not only get your record but also a spent condom with it.

so what are saying, wait until they send and then ask for the $4 back?

• Light a fire under his ars and open a case.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I don't like being a total dick, I've been in this situation before as the seller and lucky for me the buyers were kool. I just hate when they dodge your messages and when they finally reply they take the situation so light. I don't care if it takes weeks to get here, just don't bullshit me or make it seem like I'm overreacting.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    sweatshop said:

his feedback was 100% so I didn't sweat it too bad. But then I checked after the record didn't show up. How can he have 100% when he just got 2 negatives and some neutrals within the past month?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    man i have had this issue with ebay and GEMM, at least your guy admitted to not putting the record in the mail, both times i didnt recieve my goods people blamed the mail system and stated that it could take up to 2 months to ship a record from Florida up the eastcoast to me in Nova Scotia...only to find out a month later that "the goods" werent actually sent at all...both sellers claimed that there was a mix up and he mixed up buyers and some silly ass song & dance, i still claim they were both the same person..

sometimes the selling/buying part is the easiest part of the transaction..everything after could be a royal shitshow...

imo EVERY transaction should have tracking numbers....

• Opening cases is not a rude thing for a buyer to do if there is a significant problem. The case can be closed once you are satisfied that the transaction is legit. I have only opened one case before to a buyer that was super late on payment and it turned out to be the thing that caused him to pay (the buyer had waited over a month). Ebay is getting better about protecting these kind of situations and you should be treated fairly if the seller is dragging their feet and not owning up to what they promised. You would be justified if there is cause to open a case which it sounds like there might be. It's just you assuring that the seller is providing good business.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Breez said:
    sweatshop said:

his feedback was 100% so I didn't sweat it too bad. But then I checked after the record didn't show up. How can he have 100% when he just got 2 negatives and some neutrals within the past month?

even if it says the feedback is 100% I still read a few of the feedback left people can leave you positive feedback and still have had issues w/ shipping, communication etc....I have had stuff pop up and I couldn't get out the item (when I sell) as fast as I would have liked and I always left the customer know the deal prior to them contacting me. I also refund the shipping and sometimes part of the price of the record. The fact that this cat didn't even contact you I would open a case and light a fire under his ass. You can easily close the case once you get your record.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Thanks fellow Strutters. This is all good advice and I think everyone agrees opening a case is my best shot at straightening this situation out. I'm on it. I'll keep posting updates on this transaction for those who are curious to how this turns out.