Amoeba Security Tape on Sealed Records

highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Bought 2 copies of a sealed record on the cheap on discogs. When they arrive they have that packing tape for security.

Any techniques for getting this stuff off without destroying the cellophane underneath or do I keep it as is?

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

And good luck getting that magnetic strip off. Even if you do, it'll leave a sticky strip forever.

• ugh, I have a strong feeling that the japanese collectors that I hoped to flip this with aren't gonna approve

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I have never been able to get these off successfully. I still have some Amoeba-purchased records with the magnetic strip still on the cover. That shit pisses me off.

• thieves f things up for everyone

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    They should srsly just put them on inside of the jacket

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    they're THE WORST with this. And adding insult to injury is when, at the store, you ask to check the condition of the vinyl in one of these tape-wrapped jackets. When you've successfully freed the vinyl after they slit it open (and you do some damage control taking it out) they then reseal it with more masking tape when you're finished inspecting, when you're planning to buy! They do it so you can walk it over to the check out counter. I've had a small spat or two with them when they pull this crap -- shit's mad annoying.