NBA 2010-2011 aka Come Hate On Lebron

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Blake + Clippers = freak accident --> blown ACL.

Just a matter of time.

Batmon: you misunderstand. I think it was totally fine for Lebron to move onto greener pastures. It's how he did it which was some "never forgive shit." ZERO class.

• I'm kind of hyped for everyone to be gunning for Miami. To quote Cube, "I never did like you."

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    alpha dog of the Heat is anybody other than Wade?

Wade won't be (the alpha doggie). And he won't care to be (so long as they're winning)

So WADE who has a RING is going to let LeBron take over as LEADER on HIS MIAMI HEAT?

Could you give a time when this has ever happened?

Lebron wants what Wade has?
    Now Wade needs help but I dont see where Riley gives the keys to Lebron.

Speaking of Riley, how long before he gives Spoelstra the Stan Van Gundy treatment? Three months?

hopefully then if not sooner-- the way that lacob has been talking strategy and coaching, the w's might pick him up.
    spoelstra would be a good fit for the squad-- and quite the changeup from nelson/smart

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Blake + Clippers = freak accident --> blown ACL.

Just a matter of time.

Batmon: you misunderstand. I think it was totally fine for Lebron to move onto greener pastures. It's how he did it which was some "never forgive shit." ZERO class.

No doubt, but he made alot of money for Yuichi's Boy's Club. They now have new Gap Jeans!

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I'm kind of hyped for everyone to be gunning for Miami. To quote Cube, "I never did like you."

Exactly. Forget crosstown beef, this is like League vs. Miami.

Imagine how super ugly the first Cleveland/Miami game will be. And shit, Boston/Miami and Orlando/Miami games will be especially rich too.

• motherfuck the miami heat and the la lakers.......

I JUST WANNA WATCH THE PACERS PLAY THE TIMBERWOLVES 5 DAYS A WEEK!!!!!

but seriously....... go raptors?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    To respond to THEE BATMON's usual off-the-mark rants....

I'd just like to say, people can move when they got the Flu...just like Kobe's done several times in his career.

Don't know which Kareem game you're talking about, but I doubt he needs to move full 94 feet on ALL possessions....

We're talking going up against one of the best teams of the modern era (Celtics).....and trying to do it all alone for 7 games on a strained shooting elbow?? IMPOSSIBLE. And who knows, maybe he was aware of the rumors of Delonte getting with his mom around playoff time. And if dudes aren't even close to producing numbers like in the regular season? Fuck that. I'm outta there too.

Actually, I'd be mad at him too. He ONLY put up 27, 7, and 7 over seven seasons in Cleveland....and only 1.7 steals and close to a block a game....

If Kobe was in a similar situation. He woulda either went 5-29 and been pouting after every play. Or actually been facilitator, and had his then teammates (Smush Parker, Sasha, Kwame, Brian Cook, Luke) shoot 34% on field goals off open looks.

Forget crosstown beef, this is like League vs. Miami.

If any of you dudes want to hate.

Boston's loaded with dislikeable characters.......you take your pick.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yuichi said:

I'd just like to say, people can move when they got the Flu...just like Kobe's done several times in his career.

Don't know which Kareem game you're talking about, but I doubt he needs to move full 94 feet on ALL possessions....

We're talking going up against one of the best teams of the modern era (Celtics).....and trying to do it all alone for 7 games on a strained shooting elbow?? IMPOSSIBLE. And who knows, maybe he was aware of the rumors of Delonte getting with his mom around playoff time. And if dudes aren't even close to producing numbers like in the regular season? Fuck that. I'm outta there too.

Actually, I'd be mad at him too. He ONLY put up 27, 7, and 7 over seven seasons in Cleveland....and only 1.7 steals and close to a block a game....

no comment

yuichi said:

Terrible.

Even if your shooting elbow is "out" he can still play defense, drive to the hole, pass the rock. There are other things to help your team besides shooting.

You can quote his numbers all u want, but it didnt amount to a RING.

How long have u been here to know NOT to use the REGULAR SEASON as any barometer for the PLAYOFFS?

Terrible.

• batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Miami/Boston in the East Finals.

I'm not fronting on the Heat. They're gonna be exciting to watch.
    And I'm still a fan of Lebron James.

Can a NEW team build chemistry in ONE season and leapfrog straight to The Finals?

Barkley was ADDED to The Phoenix Suns. There was a core unit already established....IIRC.

Isn't Boston '08 proof enough? Only noteworthy carry-overs from the previous season on that squad were Pierce & two bench players (Rondo & Perkins) who no one at the time thought would contribute the way they did.

Comparing Miami to Boston is a non-starter (I'm responding to Yuichi, not Mao). Lebron joining forces with Wade and Bosh is on a whole different level than even Garnett joining them as a free agent (since he was already on the other side of his prime).

The only contemporary analog that really makes sense would, maybe, be the Shaq/Kobe era of the Lakers but even then, Kobe came to the team as an untested draftee, not a free agent star considered to be #1 in the frickin' league.

You also misunderstand. I don't "hate" Miami (at least not in the way Cleveland fans might). My point is that if you're any competitive baller in the league, wouldn't you want the satisfaction in knowing you can beat Wade/Lebron/Bosh? Even if they - as a team - don't end up with the best record in the NBA - they are going to be the marquee team to want to beat, just for being able to say, "yeah, those Heat dudes? They ain't shit."

Ergo, every team in the NBA is going to want to show up the Heat.

As a basketball fan, I think that's exciting as hell.

maocontent said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Miami/Boston in the East Finals.

I'm not fronting on the Heat. They're gonna be exciting to watch.
    And I'm still a fan of Lebron James.

Can a NEW team build chemistry in ONE season and leapfrog straight to The Finals?

Barkley was ADDED to The Phoenix Suns. There was a core unit already established....IIRC.

Isn't Boston '08 proof enough? Only noteworthy carry-overs from the previous season on that squad were Pierce & two bench players (Rondo & Perkins) who no one at the time thought would contribute the way they did.

True
    The state of the East Coast then vs the landscape now is way different.

Batmon: I think the chemistry issue has been overstated (not by you, just in general). I think the bigger questions are: 1) Can Wade and Lebron play nice with one another when it's crunch time? 2) Are the Heat's other players strong enough of a supporting cast to get the team into the finals?

You just look at this year's Finals and so many of those games came down to support players coming through in the clutch (Fisher in Game 3, Nate/Big Baby in Game 4, Ron Fucking Artest whenever).

• mannybolone said:
    Comparing Miami to Boston is a non-starter (I'm responding to Yuichi, not Mao). Lebron joining forces with Wade and Bosh is on a whole different level than even Garnett joining them as a free agent (since he was already on the other side of his prime).

The only contemporary analog that really makes sense would, maybe, be the Shaq/Kobe era of the Lakers but even then, Kobe came to the team as an untested draftee, not a free agent star considered to be #1 in the frickin' league.

I guess you could say that Malone/Payton/Shaq/Kobe squad was closer to this year's Miami situation - as far as how the pieces came together (via FA rather than trades). Similarity w/ Boston was non-ring bearers late in their careers going for it one last time. But the way that 08 Boston team had its foot on the gas the entire season has gotta be the model of execution for Miami this year. The expectations are so high & the target on their backs already so much bigger.

maocontent said:
    mannybolone said:

I guess you could say that Malone/Payton/Shaq/Kobe squad was closer to this year's Miami situation - as far as how the pieces came together (via FA rather than trades). Similarity w/ Boston was non-ring bearers late in their careers going for it one last time. But the way that 08 Boston team had its foot on the gas the entire season has gotta be the model of execution for Miami this year. The expectations are so high & the target on their backs already so much bigger.

Malone and Payton joined a Championship squad. Miami aint that.

maocontent said:
    mannybolone said:

Totally an easy team to hate but Malone and Payton were in the twilight of their careers; it's not quite the same as the undisputed #1 player in the NBA switching teams via free agency to join up with another one of the league's Top 5 players. The only analog I can imagine would be like Jordan leaving the Bulls circa 1989 to roll with the Jazz or comeback-era Jordan signing up with the Spurs.

Of course, that's just impossible to imagine given Jordan's personality.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Terrible.

Even if your shooting elbow is "out" he can still play defense, drive to the hole, pass the rock. There are other things to help your team besides shooting.

How long have u been here to know NOT to use the REGULAR SEASON as any barometer for the PLAYOFFS?

Terrible.

So you expected him to win a ring with those teams, against the mothafuckin' Celtics??? lol

That thinking is everything that's wrong with massive endorsements and ridiculous fan expectations that come with that.....

WAKE UP AND EXPLORE THE WORLD, NYER. All that shit in NYC is clogging your mind.

BATMON, YOU SO DUMB YOU WENT TO THE LOCAL BAKERY TO GET YOU A FINGER ROLL.

YOU SO OLD, U MAKE THEO RATLIFF SEEM LIKE A YOUNGUN

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Terrible.

Terrible.

So you expected him to win a ring with those teams, against the mothafuckin' Celtics??? lol

That thinking is everything that's wrong with massive endorsements and ridiculous fan expectations that come with that.....

WAKE UP AND EXPLORE THE WORLD, NYER. All that shit in NYC is clogging your mind.

I really cant have a good debate w/ yo ass.

You call him a leader. I questioned that w/ his giving up on his team. You take it to - I expect him to win.

I expect him to compete until the buzzer goes off IN THE PLAYOFFS against WHOMEVER.

Whatever. Keep givin' dude excuses. That's what fandom is all about.

You'll just flip it & misinterpret my shit and fall back on some tired NYC jokes.

I really cant have a good debate w/ yo ass.

You call him a leader. I questioned that w/ his giving up on his team. You take it to - I expect him to win.

I expect him to compete until the buzzer goes off IN THE PLAYOFFS against WHOMEVER.

Whatever. Keep givin' dude excuses. That's what fandom is all about.

You'll just flip it & misinterpret my shit and fall back on some tired NYC jokes.

7 years, and he's not able to take a few possessions off?? Jeez louis...

You just like to argue for the sake of arguing my dude. Remind me of a friend who was all up in arms
    about Vince Carter giving up on Toronto. Like the dude ever did u wrong on a personal level.....C'mon son.

I think I'm gonna start rooting for Miami. hahahaha.

Certainly more likeable than the Boston fans....and their fuckin' team of douchebags.

All-NBA Dislikeable Team

G Paul Pierce
    G Ray Allen
    F Jermaine O'neal
    C Shaquille O'neal
    C Kendrick Perkins

• yuichi said:
    All-NBA Dislikeable Team

G Ray Allen
    F Jermaine O'neal
    C Shaquille O'neal
    C Kendrick Perkins

really? these guys are that unlikeable to fans across the league?? GTFO

yay, another 7 months of uninformed, fanboy opinions from da basketball gawd yuichi!

:dodododo:

walter_chron said:
    yuichi said:
    All-NBA Dislikeable Team

G Ray Allen
    F Jermaine O'neal
    C Shaquille O'neal
    C Kendrick Perkins

yay, another 7 months of uninformed, fanboy opinions from da basketball gawd yuichi!

Rep your city, rep your team.

Then you are allowed to address me.

walter_chron said:
    yuichi said:
    All-NBA Dislikeable Team

G Ray Allen
    F Jermaine O'neal
    C Shaquille O'neal
    C Kendrick Perkins

"Ignore" is your friend. Or just learn to filter out. When Yuichi rides for a player, he RIDES. Logic is meaningless.

Making excuses for Lebron is some next level shit though.

After the playoffs were over did any ever read anything about Lebron's rehabbing that INJURY?

I heard about KOBE's finger all the time. I hear about dudes rehabbing over the summer all the time if the INJURY is that serious.

Did Lebron Miami move just eradicate his rehab news?

• Options
    yuichi said:
    All-NBA Dislikeable Team

G Paul Pierce
    G Ray Allen
    F Jermaine O'neal
    C Shaquille O'neal
    C Kendrick Perkins

You left out Kobe the Rapist.

He's the whole first team all by himself.