Tame Impala

doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central

Innerspeaker LP is out for some months now but didnt get much attention on here yet. If i remember correctly there was some talk and excitement for this one like a year ago? Anyone copped this? I did so and i can only recommend this Album to the fullest! Having & listening to a new album (especially rock related) in the car for more than 4+ weeks by now is a pretty rare occasion to me these days! Also the sound quality on the LP-Version pressed on 45rpm vinyl is supersuperb!
So this here gets a big YAY from me!

please discuss

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Anyone seen them live? They are coming to Toronto in November and I would like to go. If it's halfway like their records - WOW!!!!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I enjoy this record a lot. Sounds very similar to Dungen to me, and I prefer the vocals on Dungen's record -- maybe because they're sparse and in another language; I'm pretty sure I'd prefer both bands if they were instrumental.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    onetet said:
    I'm pretty sure I'd prefer both bands if they were instrumental.

YES.

• love these dudes.
    DJ Day posted about them on here a while ago and since then I been a fan.

• I don't tend to like music that's so blatantly retro but I've enjoyed just about everything I've heard from them.

I hope the album gets a U.S. release. Currently it's only available on iTunes or as a way too-pricey import.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    doisn said:
    onetet said:
    I'm pretty sure I'd prefer both bands if they were instrumental.

NO, i dont think so, but to each his own.

• It is a really good record. I wish it were easier to buy in the US.

Mongo_Slade said:

I hope the album gets a U.S. release. Currently it's only available on iTunes or as a way too-pricey import.

in the US you can order it directly from Insound. besides Modular its the only place were you can cop the vinyl issue. Also you??ll get the digital version with this aswell. Check it out, i guess its still available.....

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    bassie said:
    Anyone seen them live?

• favorite band of 2010.seen them last summer in a hardly crowded venue nyc.
    i listen to them daily and get reallll happy.
    also it's amazing driving music

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    y e s

This song flipped my wig. Too bad it's not on the album. :holygrail:

• gravelheadwrap said:
    bassie said:
    Anyone seen them live?

Several times. Highly recommended!

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    innerspeaker is Album of the year for me. Great arrangement from start to finish. I also listen To almost daily.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    great band

And if anyone has/knows of a vinyl copy, PM me (yes, i've already checked the 'bay)

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    bobbydee said:
    gravelheadwrap said:
    bassie said:
    Anyone seen them live?

Several times. Highly recommended!

same.

Great in a dingy pub and even more great in an open air festival on a sunny arfternoon!

• olsunolsun 35 Posts
    fav album of the year too with the one from Wolf People... saw them one month ago in Paris, the bass player looked like he was 15 and had a bowl of shrooms for lunch. they were great, besides...

yeah, the vinyl version went sold out in pre-order!

• olsun said:
    Wolf People...

best band i saw all last year, they are amazing

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Just bought tickets to their Bowery show next month. :shit_yeah:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    dang, I guess I will be buying this on the likes of SS thumbs up. Liked by some posters who dig great tasteful music.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Backordered

Saw them over the weekend in Minneapolis at 7th Street Entry.

Here's a few photos:

Real nice show and put together very well. Does anyone know how old these guys are?
    Glad they played Sundown Syndrome!

• I wanna like this band but it's seems the vintage psych ratio to indie rock lameness isn't to my liking... Please post more examples of psych bangers, all I keep finding is twee indie stuff

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I saw them last week at Bowery Ballroom and I was majorly disappointed. I really liked their album, but the live show was some soft-handed, pussy rock. I really felt like i was at a high school band's show. Now when i listen to the album, it's ruined for me.

• Possum Tom said:
    some soft-handed, pussy rock.
    haha awesome. they should put that in their liner notes

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    GONNA GIVE IT A SHOT BASED ON THIS THREAD.
    AUSTRALERYA AND "TAME" IN THEIR TITLE SCARES ME.
    NO DISRESPECTO ARTIFACTS LOL

• dirty said:
    innerspeaker is Album of the year

• leonleon 883 Posts
    I ordered this on vinyl about a month ago at my local supplier ~ he keeps repeating the lp will arrive soon.
    Makes me wanna buy the damn cd.

leon said:
    I ordered this on vinyl about a month ago at my local supplier ~ he keeps repeating the lp will arrive soon.
    Makes me wanna buy the damn cd.

Wait for it, LP sounds great.

As for the live show. I was impressed over all, but initially it felt like they were holding back and unsure of themselves (???). They seemed to get into it and it sounded awesome. Again, does anyone know hold old these guys are? I can't seem to find anything..

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Burns said:
    dang, I guess I will be buying this on the likes of SS thumbs up. Liked by some posters who dig great tasteful music.

It had my head spinnin' for days, never could get it out my car cd player. I had to buy it at the import price from a Cali store on Amazon for a fair price.