Discmakers..getting CDs pressed up..

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
a buddy of mine that I have not spoken with for awhile called me last night and told he recently just dropped in the neighborhood of 2,000 bucks to get his album pressed up(500 copies,design,packaging,etc). This seems pretty damn expensive. I wanted to offer some advice to him for the next order he plans on placing. any tips? I know Phil recently had a thread somewhat related to this topic..so any leads/tips/etc?

Comments

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    a buddy of mine that I have not spoken with for awhile called me last night and told he recently just dropped in the neighborhood of 2,000 bucks to get his album pressed up(500 copies,design,packaging,etc). This seems pretty damn expensive. I wanted to offer some advice to him for the next order he plans on placing. any tips? I know Phil recently had a thread somewhat related to this topic..so any leads/tips/etc?

We just got an album pressed up by these guys...
    http://snjcd.com/
    1,000 Full lenghts for about $1,300. One page insert full color. Good service, and fast.

Other than that i've only pressed up small runs locally. But I was happy with the product..

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

We just got an album pressed up by these guys...
    http://snjcd.com/
    1,000 Full lenghts for about $1,300. One page insert full color. Good service, and fast.

I cosign...
    All things considered, the best place I've ever dealt with for getting cds done. They do a great job, customer service is on point and they get you yo' shit quickfast. I think the price was a little cheaper the last time I used them, but they run specials on the regular.

• cool,thanks for the info guys..He is probably going to come over tonight and I wanted to have a little more detailed info for him when he's here. Plus on the next batch he gets pressed up, he is wanting me to fuck with the beats..so im definately stoked about that. I will post some clips for yall when he comes through.