Who's in the World Series? call it now...

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I've got the Phillies winning it in 5 against the long shot Rangers.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's what I'm seeing too. Phillies in 5

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is the Rangers year....Cliff Lee will be in pinstripes next year so it's now or never.

I'm not sure if the rest of the country is hip to our pitching staff but they are under the radar guys that have been pitching their asses off....C.J. Wilson, Tommy Hunter who went 13-4 and Colby Lewis who's fresh from the Japanese league.

And our offense, if healthy, is one of the best I've ever seen.

Rangers vs. Phillies

Rangers in 6

• InnerSpace said:
    I've got the Phillies winning it in 5 against the long shot Rangers.

• Yankees vs. Phillies

• Yankees vs. Phillies

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    love this NYY wild card.. strangely, i fear Cliff Lee more than Halladay.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    analog_tape said:
    Yankees vs. Phillies

This is what I think.

I wish I could say the Yankees to take it, but I'm having a hard time believing.

I like the way their offense came alive last night, but it will be a miracle if the pitching can hold up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ghost of George Steinbrenner

Rangers are up 2-0.

They have allowed one run in 2 games.

Bring on the Damn Yankees!

Cliff Lee is no match for the combined firepower of A.J. Burnett and Javy Vazquez.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Phils V. Rangers

I envision myself on Broad St. in a couple weeks.

Photo credit to tripledouble? I find myself looking at this photo often... usually followed by an uncontrollable smile.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Rangers are up 2-0.

I'm looking forward to the Yankees losing, so I can witness the disappointment among Yankee fans in the city first-hand.

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rangers are up 2-0.

I'm looking forward to the Yankees losing, so I can witness the disappointment among Yankee fans in the city first-hand.

yo' ass in Mets country now

batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rangers are up 2-0.

But I work in the BX! :BEERBANG:

• selperfuge said:
    Cliff Lee is no match for the combined firepower of A.J. Burnett and Javy Vazquez.

aj burnett is the worst pitcher on any team that made it to october. dudes picking splinters in the bullpen.

• rangers-phillies looks safe right now, but you can never count the yankees out. either way, philly walks through unscathed, winning the world series in 6 games.

• vintageinfants said:
    selperfuge said:

aj burnett is the worst pitcher on any team that made it to october. dudes picking splinters in the bullpen.

AJ was pretty good last year, its this year that he's been real off. And I hope to never again see Javier Vazquez in pinstripes, doo-doo on a stick.

Pettitte looked nice last night, but who knows how long that'll last. And young Kerry Woods did great. If the bullpen heats up, watch out.

DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rangers are up 2-0.

But I work in the BX! :BEERBANG:

Then we gotta hit up a Yankee bar in my hood right when u think they'll get bumped.

batmon said:

BITD You were either a Met fan or a Yankee fan.....NEVER both.

These days it seems a lot of NYer's just root for whichever one is winning.

Must be all those transplants.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    vintageinfants said:
    selperfuge said:

AJ was pretty good last year, its this year that he's been real off. And I hope to never again see Javier Vazquez in pinstripes, doo-doo on a stick.

Pettitte looked nice last night, but who knows how long that'll last. And young Kerry Woods did great. If the bullpen heats up, watch out.

NO.

the only thing that will help the yankees is their bats. period. outside of sabbathia and rivera (who can both fall apart), their staff is 6th or 5th best in the playoffs. your future rests on the bats of jeter, cano and rodriguez. without those three you get swept by the rangers.

speaking of the rangers, i haven't seen a team manufacture runs like them in recent memory. the sac fly/grounder is alive and well deep in the heart of texa$

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

BITD You were either a Met fan or a Yankee fan.....NEVER both.

Must be all those transplants.
    Outside of Queens and Brooklyn I hardly see Mets dudes rockin their gear.

Rockadelic said:

this is a nonsensical statement.

selperfuge said:
    Rockadelic said:

this is a nonsensical statement.

Really?

I'm saying that at one time Met fans would NEVER root for the Yankees and vice versa.

And today that's not the case.

I'm from a time of antiquated fandom....root for a team win or lose......outdated for sure.

i'm not calling you out.. I just.. I've never seen a Mets fan here jump over and bandwagon. Last year was a killer for them with both NYY and the hated Phils in it together. I know a few who just didn't watch the Series out of disgust.

Q: What's the difference between the World Trade Center and the Mets?
    A: The Mets collapse every September

• Rockadelic said:

I'm saying that at one time Met fans would NEVER root for the Yankees and vice versa.

I'm with Rock on this one. Just last weekend I seen soulstrut's own NY transplant, and closet Yankee fan extraordinaire, DB Cooper wearing a Mets t-shirt! These out of towners, no loyalty!

Garcia_Vega said:
    Rockadelic said:

I'm with Rock on this one. Just last weekend I seen soulstrut's own NY transplant, and closet Yankee fan extraordinaire, DB Cooper wearing a Mets t-shirt! These out of towners, no loyalty!

OH HELLS TO THA NAW!!!!!!!!

batmon said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Rockadelic said:

OH HELLS TO THA NAW!!!!!!!!

STOP DISRESPECTFULLATIN!!!1! You dudes wish I backed your bummy-ass teams. SOX/PATS/CELTS/Bs FOR LIFE! I was actually daydreaming the other day as I passed Yankee Stadium on the train how awesome it would be to have enough money to buy the Yankees and then just disband the team. I do like the city though.