Where do you live? Post it up!

124»

Comments

• Some say it ain't where you're from it's where you're at. But fuck it, I'm procrastinating on these dishes. I was raised in Berkeley

Moved to SF's Mission District

back when it was more like this

but now it's more like this

But I continued to commute and attend Berkeley High

^^ WOW @ finding this picture on google. I remember all these cats and that exact bench.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Chronologically...

Back where I started.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Born

Raised

Live

• Born in El Paso, Texas

Spent some time living in Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico

Work here now

But still live here, Central Side El Paso, Texas

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    From Day 1

With a stop over here for a year

and here for another 4.

then back to

• Providence, RI "The Ocean State" holler

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    On my way home from work yesterday, I passed Beanie Sigel having an animated phone conversation on my corner. I thought about trying to surreptitiously snap a pic for this thread, but decided against it. The funny thing was that dude's truck was double-parked with the doors open and music blaring, and he had walked halfway down the block and was cupping an ear in order to hear the voice coming through his cellphone. And he still seemed to be struggling, like "WHAT!? WHAT!? SAY AGAIN!" One wonders why he didn't just tell his hangers-on to turn the music down while he made a call. I guess if I even have to ask this question, I'm not built for managing a stable of weed-carriers.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    On my way home from work yesterday, I passed Beanie Sigel having an animated phone conversation on my corner. I thought about trying to surreptitiously snap a pic for this thread, but decided against it. The funny thing was that dude's truck was double-parked with the doors open and music blaring, and he had walked halfway down the block and was cupping an ear in order to hear the voice coming through his cellphone. And he still seemed to be struggling, like "WHAT!? WHAT!? SAY AGAIN!" One wonders why he didn't just tell his hangers-on to turn the music down while he made a call. I guess if I even have to ask this question, I'm not built for managing a stable of weed-carriers.

synth or sample-based?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:
    faux_rillz said:

synth or sample-based?

LOL--synth and, actually, screwed.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    day said:

nice

• Philadelphia.

im playin, i love this city.

• Scott said:
    Controller_7 said:

South San Francisco. For all the non Bay Area residents, it is an actual city and not just a section of San Francisco. I'd rather bein SF though.

I've only ever driven through on my way to the City. What should I check out if I make a stop there?

You'll definitely want to hit up 101 or 280 as you continue on your way to the city. No need to stop. I actually am fine living here, but I cannot really think of anything to recommend in terms of stopping here intentionally. You like Lowes? That's the spot. If you like Vietnamese food check out Ben Tre on Grand Ave. It's right off the freeway. It's pretty good. Also, Ed's Diner on Grand is nice. It's like a little hole in the wall that has cool staff and serves decent breakfast. Nothing mind blowing, but something great about that place.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Way back in the beginning of college I use to date a girl in Daly City and we use to climb up those letter at night for the view of the Bay.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    woops double post