Using peoples GVMNT names with asterik

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
PLEASE STOP!!!

yes, i know you are so special in your friends club, knowing peoples real name makes you feel like your in the the bee's knees, or whatever, it's just cheesy.

when you are referring to say, mannybone as O*****, how the fuck is anybody who doesn't know him going to know what the fuck you are talking about. It's just smarmy. Stop it. People have handles for a reason. this is a public discussion. Help the gears along by using peoples handles. Thanks and rant over.

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    how the fuck is anybody who doesn???t know him going to know what the fuck you are talking about.
    That's the whole point. Anybody who is anybody does know, everybody else doesn't need to know.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Who really cares.

I'd rather know posters OG strut names. Would make things a bit easier.

• Reynaldo said:
    how the fuck is anybody who doesn???t know him going to know what the fuck you are talking about.
    That's the whole point. Anybody who is anybody does know, everybody else doesn't need to know.

Well I always know who it is but I just find it irritating. Why am I always playing advocate for the downtrodden. I'm not one of them. Fuck it. They don't care about me anyway, probably pick my carcass to the bone.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Sorry if it offends you, but I won't stop doing it. It's an inside joke that's been around for ages. Yes it's silly, but it's a throwback to the days when the board was lean and perhaps even more personal. I don't mean to be elitist about it, but there are certain people on here I *know* and as stupid as it may sound, referring to them by their name, albeit with a strategically placed asterisk, makes the board a little more real to me. Besides, some of you dudes have some dumb ass handles. An asterisk is far less silly than typing out that other nonsense. Just sayin'.

I understand why people don't, but if it was up to me people would use either their real name or their professional/DJ name (ex: Day, Daze, etc.). It's why I went from dumb ass handle Hotsauce84 to my name.

Herm

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Josh. Its annoying when people refer to DJ Shadow as that.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    PLEASE STOP!!!

yes, i know you are so special in your friends club, knowing peoples real name makes you feel like your in the the bee's knees, or whatever, it's just cheesy.

when you are referring to say, mannybone as O*****, how the fuck is anybody who doesn't know him going to know what the fuck you are talking about. It's just smarmy. Stop it. People have handles for a reason. this is a public discussion. Help the gears along by using peoples handles. Thanks and rant over.

Okay R******, Got it!

• Big_Chan said:

Okay R******, Got it!

LMFAO!!!

I???d rather know posters OG strut names. Would make things a bit easier.

Ha! True story.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Herm said:
    Sorry if it offends you, but I won't stop doing it. It's an inside joke that's been around for ages. Yes it's silly, but it's a throwback to the days when the board was lean and perhaps even more personal. I don't mean to be elitist about it, but there are certain people on here I *know* and as stupid as it may sound, referring to them by their name, albeit with a strategically placed asterisk, makes the board a little more real to me. Besides, some of you dudes have some dumb ass handles. An asterisk is far less silly than typing out that other nonsense. Just sayin'.

I understand why people don't, but if it was up to me people would use either their real name or their professional/DJ name (ex: Day, Daze, etc.). It's why I went from dumb ass handle Hotsauce84 to my name.

Herm

Speakign of Hotsauce where the fuck is your booty avatar?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Herm said:
    Yes it's silly, but it's a throwback to the days when the board was lean and perhaps even more personal.

Way more. I think I even talked about the time I let a chick drink my blood (you had to be there). Anymotherfuckinways, I miss the AlienIverson days and I'll never stop poasting real names like that. Right, H*r****o?

• Haha I love it. Al the usual suspects came out. I guess that was a little before my time, or i just wasn't lurkin'.

• Bring back Broccoli Banzai and Alien Iverson plaese.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    That shit don't bother me either way, I find it comical. Especially when it's something any idiot can decipher like, D**e or J**n. If I see you in the street I'ma call you by your SS name any way.

"His mama called him Clay, I'ma call him Clay"

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    jaymack said:
    Josh. Its annoying when people refer to DJ Shadow as that.

but how will people know that i'm on a first name basis with him!