Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DELUSIONAL CRUST

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    The Letter of Authenticity is priceless and unintentionally hilarious.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ??? pretty crazed if you ask me...

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ??? pretty crazed if you ask me...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Jeff knows his shit and is not overly inclined to hyperbole.

One of a kind might be a stretch, but it might not.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Jeff's had more rare records go through his hands than anyone I know.

He'd also laugh at the delusional crust comment.

While counting his stack of green.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

^^^^DELUSIONAL CRUST

faux_rillz said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

^^^^DELUSIONAL CRUST

Laughin' all the way to the bank.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    DELUSIONAL CRUST

Just clicked on the price, 5G is far from delusional for something like this.

This will sell within a month and will probably be resold for more.

Horseleech said:
    faux_rillz said:
    DELUSIONAL CRUST

Just clicked on the price, 5G is far from delusional for something like this.

This will sell within a month and will probably be resold for more.

It's his schtick....just play along....it's fun in a laughin' at Louie Anderson having a nervous breakdown kinda way.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Even if I was a Zepplin collector, I would not be interested in this. Who cares if it has the call letters of a radio station in the die cut windows, there is no different versions, extended mixes, or higher fidelity pluses to this. Dumb led collectors. Waste your money.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I too feel this is a bit outrageous but to know that you have a sealed one-of-a-kind variation of one of the most popular rock records ever would be pretty kool to say the least. Just to have every Led Head envy you for something that they will NEVER own, unless you sell it to them, would be a pretty good feeling.

But, $5000?? I'll stick with my 10 banged up copies.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I doubt seriously that it is one of a kind. I am sure that wasn't the only station that got that variation. Not many around I'm sure, but I don't see 5 grand. It will get four figures though.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    I doubt seriously that it is one of a kind.

It could be. It's not that big of deal to print 1 cover. Especially when it's for a radio station. These labels used to bend over backwards for stations, program directors, jocks, etc. It's not like the actual vinyl is any different. Plus why would they mass produce a cover with a station's call letters?? Either way, someone's gonna have a good Christmas (money wise) this year.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Breez said:
    stratasphere said:
    I doubt seriously that it is one of a kind.

It could be. It's not that big of deal to print 1 cover. Especially when it's for a radio station. These labels used to bend over backwards for stations, program directors, jocks, etc. It's not like the actual vinyl is any different. Plus why would they mass produce a cover with a station's call letters?? Either way, someone's gonna have a good Christmas (money wise) this year.

Didn't mean it that way. I was saying that the label may have made 1 copy for more than 1 station and not 1 copy for that station exclusively. I'm curious to see if another one pops up shortly after this one sells. You're right though, someone is going to cash in big time.

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    I figure if this gets any press more copies will turn up. I assume they printed 25-50 copies at least. 'One of a kind' Zeppelin records generally sell in the $2000-$3000 range.

Kadink said:
    I figure if this gets any press more copies will turn up. I assume they printed 25-50 copies at least. 'One of a kind' Zeppelin records generally sell in the $2000-$3000 range.

Yeah... 2-3K is usually the Zep ceiling.

$5K with the right PR wouldn't shock me.

I can see the regional A&R guys making one for each radio station they serviced with a manual embossing device or by some other method..

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I pulled out a sealed copy of Physical Graffiti, which looked different from any I'd ever seen. Ken had another open copy of Physical Graffiti, so when he got this one, he'd just filed it with the rest of his Zeppelin lp's. It had unusual images in the die-cut windows, but after 8 hours of looking at records nonstop, I was a bit punch drunk, and not sure what I was looking at.

Stop. Stay calm. Wipe away the sweat. Act nonchanlant. Stick it in the "to buy" pile. Just another Led Zepplin LP. Draw attention to an interesting private label pysch LP you never seen before...

I showed the album to Gary and Ken, asking if they had ever seen a copy like this one before.

DOH!

Gary, a world class rare record expert who has seen pretty much everything at least once, was taken a back--he'd never seen anything like this before.

Too late

Ken fortunately sold the album to us
    yeah but for how much?

I photographed Ken holding the album, and had him write a letter of authenticity to document the find
    Well you gotta crawl back a margin