I WIsh.....

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
the Velvet catalogue was re-released as instrumental only ;)

just a random thought

Reynaldo co-sign?

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I mentioned this once a long, long time ago. GV told me something about a Florida warehouse fire that probably took all the masters.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Rey collects Cha Chas AND Croonette breakz now?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Rey collects Cha Chas AND Croonette breakz now?

haha no clue. but glad to see you are on board with this one

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'd love to know who the musicians were and what they did outside of the day gig.

SportCasual said:
    I'd love to know who the musicians were and what they did outside of the day gig.

it is like they played for 6 months straight and then for the next however many years just gave the music to whatever singer needed music haha

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    At first I thought you meant VU.

Velvet records, though... I can't really cosign. For the stuff I like, vocals usually make the song better. The outright funky stuff is probably better without vocals but that's not really my bag.

• SportCasual said:
    GV told me something about a Florida warehouse fire that probably took all the masters.

Nah, must've been someone else, I don't remember that at all. I do think there is something shady going on with all those labels in Hialeah though.

And I also though you were talking about the VU. And Blanca Rosa Gil will eat your children ;)

Reynaldo said:
    At first I thought you meant VU.

Velvet records, though... I can't really cosign. For the stuff I like, vocals usually make the song better. The outright funky stuff is probably better without vocals but that's not really my bag.

coming from a strictly production standpoint most of the loops and steady drums are obscured by vocals. not a huge fan of the music as a whole.

eh i'll take it