Living Out Dreams In Reality

incompletejigsawincompletejigsaw 756 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Last week for some reason I was thinking about Kraftwerk, and I realized that I didn't have Trans-Europe Express in my collection. It was an album that I had wanted, but I wasn't pressed to find it anytime soon. But throughout the week I had been playing "Hall of Mirrors" in my head. So yesterday I went to the record boutique just to look around in the folk/blues and classical/soundtrack sections, and when I went to the Just In section, there it was! And for $6.99!

I know that they say dreams come true, but how many on the Strut have dreamt or thought of a record that they wanted and then found it within a week or so?!

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This is what kala helps people do on a daily basis.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "Record Visualization"

One time on the road, I would talk about a record and find it within 24 hours. this happened 3 times on one trip, and I'm talking about rare shit like BQ in Full Effect. No Joke.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    "Record Visualization"

I love it when this happens.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    my grandma used to wake up every morning and say, "looks like earthquake weather." She was right a few times.

there are almost 7000 "one-in-a-million" people alive.

it'd only be weird if these things didn't happen.

THAT BEING SAID,
    I CAN TURN STREETLAMPS ON AND OFF

AND I KNEW THE BARTENDER WOULD BUY ME MY FIRST MARGARITA LAST NIGHT, WHEN I ORDERED THE SECOND ONE AND HE ONLY CHARGED ME FOR ONE AND I'M LIKE "I HAVEN'T PAID FOR THE FIRST ONE YET" AND HE'S ALL "OH AN HONEST MAN: THAT ONE'S ON ME."

AND I ALWAYS DRESS WEATHER-APPROPRIATELY, WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING THE RADARS

I HAVE ONLY FOUND ONE RECORD LIKE THE WAY YOU'RE DESCRIBING. AND, IT WAS IN GROOVE MERCHANT, SO THAT'S PROBABLY NOT GOING TO COUNT.

WHAT ABOUT WHEN IT'S RECORDS YOU DON'T WANT? LIKE "THIS PLACE IS GOING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF FAKE 18 DOLLAR REISSUES" OR WHATEVER

I KNEW I'D GO ALL_CAPS FOR THIS TOO

MIRACLES!