dr.groove drum machine

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited August 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
does anyone own one of these,does it really have like breaks programmed in it?does this have like good hiphop drums?

Comments

• i got one a while back for the all the old roland drum machine sounds (808, etc)

the "hip hop" drums are sort of crummy and amateur-sounding though. it doesn't have breaks programmed, but there are some (also weak) preset patterns.

• I have one.

I really like it a lot...most of the presets are corny, especially the hip hop kits like CD's mentioned but you can tweak EVERYTHING in real time, lay down multiple bass/keylines in different octaves, filter sweeps, and basically multitrack endlessly! And you can 'compile' your own kits. There are also a lot of classic Roland kits, 808, 909, etc. The way the pads are set up similar to a real keyboard is nice too, when playing melodies. Also, you can tho' some batteries/headphones in the sucker and make beats on the bus, in the subway, etc...

I would say go for it if you can cop one for a bill or so. I'll post some snippets later today of some crap I've made with mine...

If you're looking for gritty analog 'break' type of drums this is not for you.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    There's defiantely some things you can do with it. The drums are eh, but the bass lines and effects you can put together are aiight. Just make sure you get an sp-202 to compliment it and you'll have my first set-up. Make sure you also get a gemini scratchmaster dj in a box kit too.