Nobody beats the Biz 12"

williedynamitewilliedynamite 263 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the OG and the repress...

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Maybe it's time for a new board devoted to price checks and reissue-versus-OG questions.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    There should be a PRISM logo on the bottom left of the cover artwork - and the 'Herbie Jr' etching on the runout.
    There were two OG pressings on Prism, I think: first has a black label, second has a blue one.

Hope that helps!

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    There should be a PRISM logo on the bottom left of the cover artwork - and the 'Herbie Jr' etching on the runout.
    There were two OG pressings on Prism, I think: first has a black label, second has a blue one.

Hope that helps!

yes - i concur, some copies also come in the cartoon prism cover.

RD

• While we're at it is there any easy way to spot the difference between Ed OG & da Bulldogs "roxbury 02119" OG and the reissue which from what I know l looks almost indentical.

Do they also have the same matrix #s in the run - out groove?

Thanks,

Dress

• soulstrut introduces:SOULSTRUT PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    While we're at it is there any easy way to spot the difference between Ed OG & da Bulldogs "roxbury 02119" OG and the reissue which from what I know l looks almost indentical.

Do they also have the same matrix #s in the run - out groove?

Thanks,

Dress

There was something about this on spine - DWG is the man to ask. There was a link to the archived site here recently

peace

h

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    The OG 'Roxbury' has 'For Promotional Use Only - Not For sale' on the top right of the labels. The bootleg doesn't... As for matrix, the OG has '314-518-207-1-' and 'MASTERDISK TD' on the runout.

Off topic: Dreskie - I met someone who knows you the other week! A guy who works at Nike's iD Studio in berlin said that he knew you (Morton might have been his name) and then you also know my friend Ras' brother Jesper... Completely random, I know, but I thought I'd pass it on...

• Thanks a lot for the help regarding the Ed O.G.

Yes, my good friend Morten Mack works in the Nike ID store in Berlin customizing sneakers for people with money to spend. And Jesper is good friend aswell as Ras whom I met for the first time last year when I spent 3 weeks in NYC.

Did you find any records in Berlin? I always have trouble finding stuff there? Did you buy some custom sneaks? How did you end up talking about me?

All good doods!

Thanks again,

Dress