Christopher Guest Strutnip

GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.avclub.com/articles/christopher-guest-prepping-new-comedy-about-retro,45605/
In a bid to derp Joaquin Phoenix derpty-durrr, Christopher Guest is developing another mockumentary about fringe-world fanatics, this time focusing on ???retro collectors,??? i.e. ???people who ferret out such things as old comic books, Barbie dolls, vintage magazine ads, vinyl 45-rpm singles, or even???ick!???Charles Manson song lyrics written on Kleenex.??? The film will center on the ???treacherous,??? underhand schemes said collectors engage in as they double-cross each other in order to possess the weird stuff they???re into. ???Oh, so who???s gonna be in it? Parker Posey, Jane Lynch, John Michael Higgins again???? Indeed, Mr. Smart Pants. And if Eugene Levy, Catherine O???Hara, or Fred Willard show up as well, is that the end of the world?
:bizzo:

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this will be seen. i still haven't seen "for your consideration", any good?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    The film will center on the ???treacherous,??? underhand schemes said collectors engage in as they double-cross each other in order to possess the weird stuff they???re into.

So...it's about Soulstrutters?

• YES

CAN'T WAIT

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SIRUS said:

It's worth seeing, but not totally fantastic.

• hcrink said:
    SIRUS said:

I feel like I tried to watch it but turned it off. Can't remember though, which isn't good.

Randomly caught the Harry Shearer-Martin Short SNL skit about synchronized swimming, with Christopher Guest as choreographer, and that was pretty funny. Martin Short is "not a very good swimmer."

• i guarantee this movie will have a Beanie Babies Frank vs. Kon & Amir moment.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Returns have been diminishing since Best in Show, but these guys are always good for some laughs, especially Willard -- and the topic is obviously a good fit.

• I might check this one out. I loved Waiting for Guffman and Best In Show. I saw For Your Consideration but didn't find it as interesting as A Mighty Wind, but with this subject matter I know he might be filming at a record boutique near you. Or me. And in that case, I better start going boutiqing again for my milisecond cameo. I'll be the one browsing in the soundtrack/classical/experimental section all the while looking for some dollar bin scores.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

!!!!
    thanks for the lafffff

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    white_tea said:
    hcrink said:
    SIRUS said:

I feel like I tried to watch it but turned it off. Can't remember though, which isn't good.

Randomly caught the Harry Shearer-Martin Short SNL skit about synchronized swimming, with Christopher Guest as choreographer, and that was pretty funny. Martin Short is "not a very good swimmer."

One of the very best of all time...

Hey! You! I know you! I know you!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    cant wait

Best in show is one of my favorite movies, Christopher Guest knows how to make me laugh.

(and i think he secretly directed Some Kind of Monster)

Great news.

• "The film will center on the ???treacherous,??? underhanded schemes said collectors engage in as they double-cross each other in order to possess the weird stuff they???re into."
    Lord I love this quote. It says so much about anything. Thank you again.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    (and i think he secretly directed Some Kind of Monster)

haha

• white_tea said:
    Martin Short is "not a very good not that strong a swimmer."

• hogginthefogg said:
    white_tea said:

does not swim well."

• hogginthefogg said:
    white_tea said:

I stand corrected. Just rewatched. That, my friends, is acting. That pause right before he says that line -- you can't teach that.

• Murdock said:
    "The film will center on the ???treacherous,??? underhanded schemes said collectors engage in as they double-cross each other in order to possess the weird stuff they???re into."
    Lord I love this quote. It says so much about anything. Thank you again.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

The first rule of Vacuum Cleaners Club is nobody talks about Vacuum Cleaners Club. Just saying that room was that dank looking.