Unloading a bunch 'o crates...advice? (NYC)

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Long time no post, and here I am asking for advice.

The wife and I are starting to look at moving from our spacious Bushwick abode, and I haven't been DJing for about a year now. So it's time to pare down the collection.

I will have about 5 or so crates worth of 90s rap 12s, soul/RnB/Jazz/Rock LPs, and probably a smattering of breakbeat records, soundtracks and instrumental stuff.

Question: Where would be the best spot to just unload en masse? Good Records? A1? That spot up in Greenpoint? Others? Or should I just craiglist it?

Thanks!

P.S. - feel free to move this topic if it's in the wrong place. I haven't spent much time with the new 'Strut and didn't see the sellers forum.

Comments

• Academy on N 6th in Williamsburg would be interested (it's my store so I'm biased).

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Hello Nels*n

Academy BK buys A LOT. Stoop sale the rest @ 50c each before you move, then dump what's left at Salvation Army. You could probably skip the stoop sale part if Academy takes enough. They should go for your Jive Deadstock Gold.

• prof_rockwell said:
    Or should I just craiglist it?

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/34626/

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Stop it! :D

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Academy on N 6th in Williamsburg would be interested (it's my store so I'm biased).

I'll be up in NYC from OCT 22-25. Save that 90's rap for your boy.

• Damn, I said A1 in my OP and I meant Academy.

Thanks for the tips. Should I call before showing up with multiple crates at Academy?

@sport - I would do a stoop sale if I still had a stoop. Sadly all I have is a bust stop.

And I've already donated 3 crates worth of rinkers to the Ghetto Recycling Program of Flushing and Broadway. :real_headz:

• prof_rockwell said:
    Should I call before showing up with multiple crates at Academy?

Not required, but it would be best if you show up when Ben, our 12" buyer, is there.