So... the price on this turd seems to have dropped

Comments

• http//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4717362765&rd=1&EWA%3AIT&rd=1

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yeah.. That guy has been sitting on a box of them for a while now.. slowly leaking them out. I think he is related to wooten somehow.

I too was a bit dissapointed when I got to hear the whole record.

• ooops

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    It's STILL too much money for that shite. What were there, like 10,000 copies pressed or somethin'? Geez... folls will never cease to amaze me. "In The Rain" is my joint, though.

• It's STILL too much money for that shite. What were there, like 10,000 copies pressed or somethin'? Geez... folls will never cease to amaze me. "In The Rain" is my joint, though.

I believe this is Billy Wooten himself selling these records. It is a very difficult record to find if you are not Billy Wooten. Most dealers in Indiana have never seen it and most had never heard of it before this whole thing blew up.

But I still don't understand why it is so expensive. It seems like it is on ebay every month!

Jason

• It's STILL too much money for that shite. What were there, like 10,000 copies pressed or somethin'? Geez... folls will never cease to amaze me. "In The Rain" is my joint, though.

I believe this is Billy Wooten himself selling these records. It is a very difficult record to find if you are not Billy Wooten. Most dealers in Indiana have never seen it and most had never heard of it before this whole thing blew up.

But I still don't understand why it is so expensive. It seems like it is on ebay every month!

It's not a bad album. I'm just always going to be confused by how some obscure jazz pressed in low numbers goes for $700 and other, IMO better, equally obscure jazz pressed in low numbers goes for next to nothing.

If you want "monkey hip n' rice" just pick up "19th whole" on Eastbound and pocket the remaining $600. Or pick up another incredible jazz LP you really want for half that. For that kind of cash you can pick up any "funky jazz" LP you want. Unless you're on some sommelier tip and just like owning expensive records.

"the wooten is to your left, decorating the walk-in humidor n' shit." [/b]

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Unless you're on some sommelier tip and just like owning expensive records.

"the wooten is to your left, decorating the walk-in humidor n' shit." [/b]

That is toooootally me, except I used all my Wooten doubles as the blades for my ceiling fan.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The price for that record on eBay is all over the place. Here are a couple prices that I saw:

$150

$635

$203.51

$290.85

$685

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    It doesn't really look like the priced dropped with those numbers. It does look like its going all over the place pricewise though. Anybody know how that Naptown lp with B. Wooten is?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It doesn't really look like the priced dropped with those numbers.

No, a few years ago it was up in the $1200 range; now it tops out at ~$600.

• BTW all the low numbers on that list were trasshhhhheeed.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Ridiculous. The original "In The Rain" is so much better anyhow.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

= one of the best songs everrrrr

I wonder if half the Stonesthrow kids have even heard the Dramatics...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

= one of the best songs everrrrr

I wonder if half the Stonesthrow kids have even heard the Dramatics...

• the Dramatics...

Is that Texas rap?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I think I would be happy with just the 45 of "monkey hips and rice"..cosign on the OG "..rain" being better. whats the 45 go for these days with the LP droppin?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    the Dramatics...

Is that Texas rap?

Duh!