(sigh) is Kanye's new album gonna be terrible?

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
that new song? "runway"? HORRIBLE. why is dude singing? i thought this was his 'rapp' album? ugh. (and yeah, i'd heard all the leaked songs that've come out but it was my assumption that they were throwaways, and not meant for the album. except for "power", which was meh.)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Options
    batmon said:
    who?

I think he was on American Idol.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    no way it can't be

• why the hell is dude sampling Pete Rock's chop of Expo 83 from Mecca and The Soul Brother? It sounds so bad it sounds like he sampled Ras Kas' sample of pete rocks chop of Expo.

DOESN"T THISS DUDE HAVE ANY BREAKBEATS?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I have been digging the stuff he has been posting on his site, even the song with "JB"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what song is this?

• my is is that it will not be good

• 4YearGraduate said:
    why the hell is dude sampling Pete Rock's chop of Expo 83 from Mecca and The Soul Brother? It sounds so bad it sounds like he sampled Ras Kas' sample of pete rocks chop of Expo.

• batmon said:
    who?

I'd "yawwwwwn* but that's getting just as old as "who?"

• So Pete Rock in Maui working on Kanye's album was really just signing off on second-hand samp clearance?

Is this what Premier's contribution will sound like:

• chasechase 767 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    what song is this?

runaway love rmx

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    why the hell is dude sampling Pete Rock's chop of Expo 83 from Mecca and The Soul Brother? It sounds so bad it sounds like he sampled Ras Kas' sample of pete rocks chop of Expo.

I know from half a dozen songs he at least has this one.

Herm said:
    batmon said:
    who?

There will be a day when you finally jump off the Kayne bus. Keep ridin' for the time being. Do u.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    what song is this?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    SIRUS said:
    what song is this?

yeah, he said a remix with 'JB' on it.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    Reynaldo said:
    SIRUS said:
    what song is this?

yeah, he said a remix with 'JB' on it.

its called "Runaway Love" feat Reakwon and Justin Bieber , kanyewest.com

• i hadn't heard this song yet, but last night when i was at the Big Sean show (meh) the DJ threw this on, and I liked it enough to find out what it was by googling the lyrics. i feel like that has relevance in 2010.

also, for what it's worth, a huge # of kids in the crowd seemed to know the lyrics and were singing along the whole time during the choruses

• day said:
    4YearGraduate said:

Z Z Z Z Z

I mean dude is on some "I'm back on breakbeats" production shit and is treading on Bird from Western Hemisfear. Ooof.
    Somebody anonymously mail this dude a Xtian BrakeBeat Raer for chrissake.

• day said:
    4YearGraduate said:

Z Z Z Z Z zing

I mean dude is on some "I'm back on breakbeats" production shit and is treading on Bird from Western Hemisfear. Ooof.
    Somebody anonymously mail this dude a Xtian BrakeBeat Raer for chrissake.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Martin said:
    Apparently you can only get on TV rapping now if you are an emasculated and safe rnb shadow of what hip hop used to be. 2010 has been a fucking joke.

Why do people continue to act like hip-hop has only ever been one kind of thing, and then go on to argue/imply that it should only ever be that one kind of thing?

And who cares about what sort of hip-hop gets on TV nowadays anyway? The Roots are on Jimmy Fallon five nights a week, so why sweat Kanye on yet another awards show or topping some bullshit E! News 'Hip-Hop's 25 Most Shocking Moments' schedule ballast?

• when that 2.4 seconds of King Crimson - 21st century schizoid man - inexplicably popped up in the middle of "Power" i nearly fell off my chair.

• batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    who?

There will be a day when you finally jump off the Kayne bus. Keep ridin' for the time being. Do u.

Alls I'm saying is saying "who?" for the most popular, most trend startingest rapper of the past decade or so is pretty damn silly. Despite your wishes and despite what your favorite rappers may claim, Kanye is very influential.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Never been a fan of the man's raps - production, sure.

Anyway - the Cam/Jim Jones stab:
    We just viewing our opinions
    lol

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    bassie said:

Herm said:
    "yawwwwwn*

That whole shit is tired and played out. Go at Kanye for some quick pub, talk about buying shit, bitches and dope. Rinse & repeat. I'm fucking burnt out. Closest thing to making it almost not turrible was Cam's ecstasy/X-Clan line.

just viewing my opinion

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:

We just viewing our opinions

Hilarious

Those guys are pretty sad

Herm said:
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    who?

Alls I'm saying is saying "who?" for the most popular, most trend startingest rapper of the past decade or so is pretty damn silly. Despite your wishes and despite what your favorite rappers may claim, Kanye is very influential.

Influential like the EPIC New York song by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys?

The Most "whatever" rapper of the past DECADE to YOU, dude. Not me.

• Not necessarily to you nor me. 'Cause really, fuck what we think. I'm talking about to Hip Hop, pop music and Post Rap in general.

• i dig the dipset version. cam still entertains me. very 'diplomats mixtape volume 3.'

Herm said:
    Not necessarily to you nor me. 'Cause really, fuck what we think. I'm talking about to Hip Hop, pop music and Post Rap in general.

He's not on my menu. Post-Rap cool.

Fuck what People magazine,your friends,the internet, or the newspaper says.

Im not missing shit. I dont follow anymore. Too old for that.

Cool if he reps your definition or whatever. Do you.