Everybody lives.

smoking_robotsmoking_robot 346 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
the spoiler's in the title:

i hope the one dude who dodges 2 trains in opposite directions learns a lesson from this.

and the kid who played chicken with the oncoming train? he lost the next time he tried to do that.

Comments

• saw this the other day. bonkers to say the least.

• saw this the other day. bonkers to say the least.

• This is why I'm all for CCTV

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    just saying. the people who lay on railroad tracks or play chicken with the trains probably deserve to die.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Wow are so many people sick of living ?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the dude between the two trains is heart stopping. an old roommate had that horrible "Banned from TV" DVD and I watched it with him when he first got it - the big finale is a person crossing the tracks at a railroad station and getting hit by an express train going full speed. It was one of the most sickening things I've ever seen and I am unable to erase the image from my mind.

I'm pretty sure the finale of this one takes place in Boston. That sure looks like an Orange Line station.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    the dude between the two trains is heart stopping. an old roommate had that horrible "Banned from TV" DVD and I watched it with him when he first got it - the big finale is a person crossing the tracks at a railroad station and getting hit by an express train going full speed. It was one of the most sickening things I've ever seen and I am unable to erase the image from my mind.

I totally agree. That old lady & the train fucked with my head for years. I showed it to my wife last year and it totally put my stomach in knots.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yo

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Breez said:
    That old lady & the train fucked with my head for years. I showed it to my wife last year.

haha dude what the fuck?

• not so certain everyone makes it out of this one unscathed. some of these are absurd and happen at such slow speeds its mind boggling that they couldnt have been avoided. its like they forgot there is a brake pedal, or there's some kind of ego/pride thing going on wherein stopping to avoid an accident is the equivalent of castration or something.

• SoulOnIce said:
    Breez said:
    That old lady & the train fucked with my head for years. I showed it to my wife last year.

haha dude what the fuck?

Pass it on, eh?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hello friends,

Amazing video!

I was able to view the embedded video yesterday on my phone, but now I can't. Can someone please leave a link--I want to show it to a few people.

Thanks in advance.

Kindly,
    parallax

• parallax said:
    Hello friends,

Amazing video!

I was able to view the embedded video yesterday on my phone, but now I can't. Can someone please leave a link--I want to show it to a few people.

Thanks in advance.

Kindly,
    parallax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8JeUIDMq6g

• duplicate, mod delete? or whatever let it stand and up my post count, im indifferent. dont really know how offensive these things really are anyway, they dont erally bother me that much when i see 'em.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    When i was younger the Faces of Death series was a big hit.
    Like not-so-funniest-home videos.
    Never wanted to watch those though, i'll stick with people accidentally slipping into pools and dogs running after their tails vids.

• leon said:
    Never wanted to watch those though, i'll stick with people accidentally slipping into pools and dogs running after their tails vids.

It really is amazing how thin the line is that separates 'Americas Funniest Home Videos' and 'Faces of Death'....

• smoking_robot said:
    not so certain everyone makes it out of this one unscathed. some of these are absurd and happen at such slow speeds its mind boggling that they couldnt have been avoided. its like they forgot there is a brake pedal, or there's some kind of ego/pride thing going on wherein stopping to avoid an accident is the equivalent of castration or something.

It looks like none of these intersections have any stop signs or traffic lights and you're just supposed to wing it.

It also looks like China is a nation of people who don't know how to drive or ride a bicycle/scooter.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    leon said:

It really is amazing how thin the line is that separates 'Americas Funniest Home Videos' and 'Faces of Death'....

Thin line indeed I saw this one video which I'm not even going to try to look for because it was too disturbing. It was a video of these guys at a harbor diving off a brick ledge (about 10 feet high) over a sidewalk and into the ocean. One of the guys totally biffed his jump and took a serious header onto the sidewalk, his forward motion carrying him into the water. Typically, a video like this would cut right there, maybe show a slow-mo of the dive like "Hahaha, he totally blew it! Derp!" and be on some AFHV silliness. But the video just kept going. Dude lying face-down and motionless in the water, a pool of red slowly expanding around his body. I couldn't bear to keep watching, but smebody who did told me that we also see some people in a boat pull up to help the guy, then realize that he was dead. Disturbing as fuck.