Can't get enough funky flute

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Any suggestions of some albums with some killer flute on it? I honestly can't get my fill.

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Both S.O.U.L albums are essential. Burning Spear off What Is It and Love Peace And Power off the Can You Feel It album are killer.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Both S.O.U.L albums are essential. Burning Spear off What Is It and Love Peace And Power off the Can You Feel It album are killer.

Hey,

I love "Sleeping Beauty" off of the "Can You Feel It?" LP (by S.O.U.L.) too (though it's a ballad). I suggest buying all 4 Catalyst LPs if you can find them as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• all of these albums are relatively cheap and easy to score..

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    jeremy steig and bobby humphry's blacks n blues were 2 of the first things i thought of too, but another obvious one

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

this has a cool flute section at the end

• minimini 879 Posts

• Probably ones you're already aware of:

• Johnny Harris - Stepping Stones

Lee Mason - Shady Blues

Hubert Laws - Undecided

Steve Gray - Nevada Junction (on Music DeWolfe "Heavy Truckin")

• tabira said:

This made my morning.

• Also love Sahib Shihabs Balafon but I cant find a clip of that one

NOt funky but thought of this first after a trip to Peru

• Killer list! I particularly loved the Joe Thomas, Bjorn J:son Lindh and the Pied Piper of Funkingham. Thanks everyone for those!

I would love to find more stuff along the lines of S.O.U.L., Lloyd McNeill, and possibly this:

• Killer list! I particularly loved the Joe Thomas, Bjorn J:son Lindh and the Pied Piper of Funkingham. Thanks everyone for those!

I would love to find more stuff along the lines of S.O.U.L. & Lloyd McNeill.

• Double Post

I forgot to mention that Conversations With The Silhouettes lp on Segue. Funky flute playing throughout that one as well.

• stratasphere said:
    I forgot to mention that Conversations With The Silhouettes lp on Segue. Funky flute playing throughout that one as well.

YES! Forgot about this one. Thanks for the reminder!!

• Puch & the Latin Soul Brothers - Chitterlins con carne

• tabira said:

Such a great song! Reminds me of this:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts
    Jazzy flute:

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    an obvious go to ---

• minimini 879 Posts

The first two Soul Searchers lps on Sussex are worth searching for. Nice flute work on both. There's also a couple of nice tracks on Super Flute by Ken Munson. The Lope Song off the Fresh Out album by Eddie Russ has some funky flute playing. The two Skin Alley lps...........

• leonleon 883 Posts
    <html><object width="480" height="385"></html>