Good Dancing May Be a Sign of Male Health!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• got all those sexy moves in my arsenal for sure.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The counterpoint is that obese men are better lovers - FACT.

http://www.salon.com/life/sex/index.html?story=/mwt/broadsheet/2010/09/08/turkish_sex_study_bmi_male_performance_open2010

Sex researchers: "Size" does matter
    Study shows that fatter men last longer in bed. Should Americans rejoice?
    BY JUDY MANDELBAUM

Fat is fun! At least, that's the word from Turkey this week. Researchers at Erciyes University in Kayseri have just completed a yearlong study correlating body mass index (BMI) and male sexual performance. Their findings: Men with excess body fat last longer in bed. In fact, heavier men were able to make love for an average of 7.3 minutes, while slender men could count themselves lucky if they held on for a mere 108 seconds.

The reason? Female hormones. Men with excess fat showed higher levels of the female estradiol sex hormone. This substance apparently disrupted their bodies' natural "male" neurotransmitter chemicals and slowed their progression towards orgasm. Ironically, the less masculine their bodies appeared, the better lovers they proved to be.

The scientists compared the BMI and sexual performance of over 100 men who were being treated for sexual dysfunction with 100 other males who lasted longer during sex. They found that men suffering from premature ejaculation were on the whole thinner and fitter than their "better endowed" brethren.

Using the researchers' logic, you might think that American men, living in what the World Health Organization has identified as the world's third fattest country with an estimated 66.7 percent of the population living well over the line, would be the world's most exquisite lovers. Unfortunately, the study does not take a stand on this issue. Nor is there any scientific or anecdotal evidence to suggest that it is true. In fact, last year the global research website Onepoll.com conducted a survey of 15,000 women from 20 countries on the subject, and Americans showed up fifth from the bottom for being "too rough." (Spaniards, Brazilians and Italians took top honors.) But as Benjamin Disraeli supposedly said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

This is not to deny that, when it comes to overweight lovers, there may also be an issue of "quality vs. quantity" involved, not to mention aesthetic and cardiological issues etc., but why spoil a good story? For now, make sure your next love banquet includes plenty of chips and beer, bratwursts and pecan pies. Nowadays, when it comes to sex, fat is the new thin.

• dam I'm kinda fat too, whoa.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    phongone said:
    heavier men were able to make love for an average of 7.3 minutes, while slender men could count themselves lucky if they held on for a mere 108 seconds.

phongone said:

but why spoil a good story?

• Options
    ???There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.?????

Lol... Both articles are funny thanks you.

"Only flowers that attract bees, butterflies, moths, and some other insects have a sweet smell. Flowers that attract birds do not. Birds have a poor sense of smell, but they are attracted to bright colors. "Bird" flowers are usually bright red or orange. They also hold a lot of nectar. Only birds that like nectar pollinate flowers.

Flowers that are pollinated by flies have a smell, but not a sweet one. These "fly" flowers smell like rotting meat! "Bat" flowers also smell bad to people, but bats like the smell. Flowers that are pollinated by the wind have no smell at all. They don't have nectar either, and they have very dull colors. These flowers don't need to attract anyone. They are often small and hard to notice."

Fantastic fact: One kind of daisy is pollinated by a snail!

- Charlie Brown's Second Super Book of Questions and Answers

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    108 seconds

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    108 seconds

Sounds classier than 1.8 minutes.

For real, their methodology sounds hella suspect.

• mannybolone said:
    LaserWolf said:
    108 seconds

yup. that sample (and conclusion) is ridiculous. That is either a terrible study or terrible reporting. probably both.

I see that weight and longevity has hit a chord...associating superior rhythm with good health, not so much lol

• meistromoco said:
    mannybolone said:
    LaserWolf said:
    108 seconds

yup. that sample (and conclusion) is ridiculous. That is either a terrible study or terrible reporting. probably both.

Skinny dudes with bad dance moves on the defense!

IT'S ON!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    LaserWolf said:
    108 seconds

I'd be more apt to question the methodology of those only lasting 108 seconds.

• Options
    bassie said:
    I see that weight and longevity has hit a chord...associating superior rhythm with good health, not so much lol

Yo, what is superior rhythm? Like I said I cant really read on a computer but I don't like the idea of a bad dance move. I think that when people move there arms and legs to the rhythm their head, shoulders, and torso move in concert and vice versa.

(I should have said sense of rhythm)

Yea, I don't lightly call someone a bad dancer; they are moving to what they hear, who am I to say it's "bad"?...unless their moves impede on my personal space.

But a lack of rhythm is almost scientific to me. You can see/hear/feel its absence.

• Options
    bassie said:

But a lack of rhythm is almost scientific to me. You can see/hear/feel its absence.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Some people don't think any dancers are bad.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    They must be bad dancers themselves.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    bassie said:

• Options
    cove said:
    They must be bad dancers themselves.

They look good to me, and I saw some sitters watching them.

They say that sitting behind computers isn't good for dancing because it weakens the knees.

phongone said:
    bassie said:

Bassie, I sorry if my comment seems severe. I agree beat matching can be felt/heard/seen but, like you said, people have different hearing. I am sorry that my dancing and blending is so messy. I try hard to keep my blends tight when I am mixing and as they say, "Every once in a while a blind hog finds an acorn!"

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    These types of medical / human interest reports in the papers and TV news that don't say anything of substance are junk, in my opinion. It seems like they are often written by people who make thinly veiled attempts to perpetuate stereotypes and wisecracks at the "ugly" members of the opposite gender. I'm not talking specifically about the above two stories...just in general.

• phongone said:
    This is not to deny that, when it comes to overweight lovers,

• Electrode said:
    It seems like they are often written by people who make thinly veiled attempts to perpetuate stereotypes and wisecracks at the "ugly" members of the opposite gender.

Paranoia ?

• Options
    Bro, how can you say that after the Heavy D video was posted...didn't you see it?

Shall we recap?

I write:

bassie said:

Yea, I don't lightly call someone a bad dancer; they are moving to what they hear, who am I to say it's "bad"?...unless their moves impede on my personal space.

And I get quoted, with the part where I say I don't like to call anyone a bad dancer is left out:

lilmonstu said:
    bassie said:

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Some people don't think any dancers are bad.

Suddenly, I have a personal problem.
    Yet, this:

lilmonstu said:

Bassie, I sorry if my comment seems severe. I agree beat matching can be felt/heard/seen but, like you said, people have different hearing. I am sorry that my dancing and blending is so messy. I try hard to keep my blends tight when I am mixing and as they say, "Every once in a while a blind hog finds an acorn!"

I don't even know who you are!

What is going on in this thread?

• Options
    I didn't say you had a personal problem. I'm saying no dancers are absent of rhythm. They got it and it is their own.

Peace. And yes I think dancing, singing, and laughter enhances la romance.

• lilmonstu said:
    I'm saying no dancers are absent of rhythm. They got it and it is their own.

sounds like a personal problem to me.

• Options
    Lol! I have been using the echo sound fx on our radio stations mixer too!

I love it.

swissbeatz said:
    Electrode said:
    It seems like they are often written by people who make thinly veiled attempts to perpetuate stereotypes and wisecracks at the "ugly" members of the opposite gender.

Paranoia ?

I don't think "paranoia" is the correct word you're trying to go for here...Anyhow, no caught feelings, if that's what you're trying to say. These fluff pieces that aren't worthy of Cosmopolitan magazine finding their way into legitimate news outlets are just one of the minor pet peeves of mine: "Studies find that so-and-so people are more prone to do so-and-so..."

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    White people need to step their rhythm up. Men and women. There's only one beat, people--get on it or leave my field of vision.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Are we discussing good dancing and whether it can be quantifiable?

Good (or appropriate, or on the beat) dancing can be quantified.
    A dancers movements should be controlled.
    A dancers movements should be on the beat.
    Gracefulness and style are a plus.
    Athleticism can be a plus. (Here we need to state that handsprings should only be done if there is room on the floor and if the handspring in some way relates to the music or the dancers partner.)

There often is not "only one beat".
    This does not mean that we each dance to our own beat.
    Popular music in the 20th century developed styles with multiple beats.
    You can dance to the fast 2/4 beat the slower 4/4 beat or an underling swing or Latin beat.
    Disco music perfected this multiple beat styles.
    These multiple beats were called rhythm beds.
    During the disco years, people who were good at dancing to rhythm beds often were invited to another dancers apt.
    The 2 dancers would then perform the rhythm method on a personal rhythm bed for 108 seconds.

Not all music has a beat or beats.
    In the second half of the last century a new kind of music was developed by a band called the Gladly Demised. Or something like that.
    While the band had 2 drummers, 2 guitar players, bass and keys no member of the band ever played a beat that related to anything an other member of the band was playing.
    In fact the members of The Gratified Departed each played to their own rhythm.
    This allowed each of their fans to dance to their own rhythm.
    Since the rules of dancing to "the" beat do not apply, neither do the other rules.
    For this kind of dancing, control, grace and style are all negatives.
    The best dancers in this style dance with their eyes and ears closed so as not to be distracted by other dancers or the "music".
    Today the most popular band playing in this style is called Pish, which is a Yiddish word that describes the music and dancing.

*wrong thread*