"The Industry"

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone seen this? I rented it last night for kicks...It was pretty awful, but still entertaining in an innocuous way. One of the cooler scenes was seeing Ludacris practice his lines for Crash back in 2004.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i saw that and i nearly bought it along with survival of the illest, but my friends took forever to pick shit to buy and by that time i had reconsidered my purchase. i think i might go back to buy survival of the illest though.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    i saw that and i nearly bought it along with survival of the illest, but my friends took forever to pick shit to buy and by that time i had reconsidered my purchase. i think i might go back to buy survival of the illest though.

Don't waste your money on The Industry...It's very "Behind the Music," but even more boring. What is Survival of the Illest about?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I don't even know what it's about, but Scarface, E-40, and I think Big Pokey are in it so I kinda felt obligated to purchase it.
    http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/movie/pid/6732163/a/Survival+of+the+Illest.htm

On another note, I'm completely geeked out cos this super cute girl who comes into my workplace every so often asked me to burn her a CD I think I'm going to slip some Young Jeezy in it just for kicks.

I don't even know what it's about, but Scarface, E-40, and I think Big Pokey are in it so I kinda felt obligated to purchase it.
    http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/movie/pid/6732163/a/Survival+of+the+Illest.htm

Sounds like a winner! I feel super disconnected from the streets for not knowing about it before the dude in Hawaii.

On another note, I'm completely geeked out cos this super cute girl who comes into my workplace every so often asked me to burn her a CD I think I'm going to slip some Young Jeezy in it just for kicks.

Why don't you impress her by throwing in "It's OK" by Slimm Calhoun...Sexy!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Sounds like a winner! I feel super disconnected from the streets for not knowing about it before the dude in Hawaii.
    As you should! I actually didn't notice it but one of my friends grabbed it for me.

This is more of a Sade, Bjork, Curtis, ::so seductive:: stuff I play at work. I haven't burned a non-gangsta rap CD for a girl in a while, haha.

This is more of a Sade, Bjork, Curtis, ::so seductive:: stuff I play at work. I haven't burned a non-gangsta rap CD for a girl in a while, haha.

Okay, then I would recommend a Les Nubians song or two...And "Suckin' Fuckin'" from Trick Daddy's www.thug.com.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Okay, then I would recommend a Les Nubians song or two...And "Suckin' Fuckin'" from Trick Daddy's www.thug.com.
    I never bothered listening to them cos they have a French name Any recommendations? I gotta balance it the ::so seductive:: without being too creepy, nahmean?

• Why don't you impress her by throwing in "It's OK" by Slimm Calhoun...Sexy!

I never bothered listening to them cos they have a French name
    Any recommendations? I gotta balance it the ::so seductive:: without being too creepy, nahmean?

1). I'm feeling this whole "blasian" ex-beauty queen Harlem to Hawaiin chill dude exchange.

2). You need to slip her more than "Young Geezy"

3). Your cd sounds dope. Being the "new-soul" posterboy I can recomend jawns for days. Depends on how you want to come at girl. CHECK THYNE PM'S.

I never bothered listening to them cos they have a French name
    Any recommendations? I gotta balance it the ::so seductive:: without being too creepy, nahmean?

I'm just kidding about the rap songs...As far as Les Nubians, they have quite a few nice songs on their first album, including a cover of Taboo (Tabou). My favorite songs are Les Portes Du Souvenir and Princess Nubienne. Sourire and Bebela are more uptempo, but I like both of those, too.

I know this is a bad word around these parts, but I like a lot of Thievery Corporation, too.

P.S. Make sure you include Akinyele's "Fuck Me for Free" as the outro.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thanks both of you. I think I have some leeway on tracks considering the stuff she asked for, so it should be all good.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I know this is a bad word around these parts, but I like a lot of Thievery Corporation, too.

i totally cosign on the theivery, always makes it into my booty tapes