edited September 2010 in Strut Central

funnier than Bill Hicks

Comments

• Happy birthday!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Burn a Bible

Burn a Flag

Burn a Quran

In America we are guaranteed the right to be as stupid as we want.

Happy B'day JP.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Ah, the South...

Reynaldo said:
    Ah, the South...

By all accounts this guy heads a church with 30-50 members.....there are more registered sex offenders in your zip code.....but he's playing to the international media who is more than happy to represent our country in this light.

Yep....on Saturday millions of Americans, especially in the South, will be burning Qurans.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    There are only 14 registered sex offenders in my zip code (95252).

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/Search.aspx?lang=ENGLISH

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    By all accounts this guy heads a church with 30-50 members.....there are more registered sex offenders in your zip code.....but he's playing to the international media who is more than happy to represent our country in this light.

It is kind of a mystery why this semi-retarded prick is getting so much attention. But here he is getting multiple network interviews and being talked about by Bloomberg and Petraeus and so on.

It's our own national media that gave him the platform in the first place.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:

It is kind of a mystery why this semi-retarded prick is getting so much attention. But here he is getting multiple network interviews and being talked about by Bloomberg and Petraeus and so on.

He is getting attention because:
    1) He is burning books.
    2) He is burning religious books.
    3) Any battle in the war between Christianity and Islam is news worthy.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    Any battle in the war between Christianity and Islam is news worthy.

I guess you're right.

I say fuck them both and stick with Festivus. It's safer that way.

• PelvicDust said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Any battle in the war between Christianity and Islam is news worthy.

I guess you're right.

I say fuck them both and stick with Festivus. It's safer that way.

not if we're both reaching for the same doll.

• Options
    Some interesting background on the burning pastor. He's even more of a cult leader than most of these guys, and he operates internationally:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,716409,00.html

• PelvicDust said:
    Some interesting background on the burning pastor. He's even more of a cult leader than most of these guys, and he operates internationally:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,716409,00.html

So I think it's fair to say that he represents the views of the typical Park 51 opponent or tea party member.

PelvicDust said:

Why would our biased right leaning national media want to present us to the rest of the world as Quran burning morans(sic)?

Nevermind.....I figured it out.

• Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11

GAINESVILLE, Fla. ??? The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones said Thursday that he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn't be immediately confirmed.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

• Jones said Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.

"I asked him three times, and I have witnesses," Jones said. "If it's not moved, then I think Islam is a very poor example of religion. I think that would be very pitiful. I do not expect that."

Puh-Leeze.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

Why would our biased right leaning national media want to present us to the rest of the world as Quran burning morans(sic)?

Nevermind.....I figured it out.

Me too. They'd do it for the same reason they whipped up anti-Park51 frenzy.

They don't give a shit about anything except stirring up the yahoos these days.

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    Jones said Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.

"I asked him three times, and I have witnesses," Jones said. "If it's not moved, then I think Islam is a very poor example of religion. I think that would be very pitiful. I do not expect that."

Puh-Leeze.

I had no idea the Pope of Islam lived in Florida.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The internet can turn the most deservedly marginalized into world-movers receiving effigial salutes half a world away in the span of less than 72 hours.