Chi-Ali Mini-Documentary

SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• thanks for posting that man. good to see where Chi is at. im still curious about the circumstances that got him in there. it had to have been bullshit what i heard...that it was over records!
    he looks a little like wee-bay

• i enjoyed the random melancholy piano chords reinforcing the severity of his situation.

• Sunfade said:
    gotta see

• StoneHands said:

gotta see

Ummm...I think that was it. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is an excerpt of a longer doc.

Anyways, I liked this clip, but what's up with raps at the end where holmes talks about killin' again or having his girl keep his piece? Shaking my damn head...

b/w

Polo, a watch and a ring in prison?!

• Options
    Looks and sounds like he's pretty much where he belongs.

• Herm said:
    StoneHands said:

gotta see

Ummm...I think that was it. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is an excerpt of a longer doc.

Anyways, I liked this clip, but what's up with raps at the end where holmes talks about killin' again or having his girl keep his piece? Shaking my damn head...

b/w

Polo, a watch and a ring in prison?!

i was thinking all the same things!! he started off talking about, hiphop get over the guns...then he busts the crime laced raps.
    i didnt want to be insensitive, but his "typical day in prisoin" didnt sound that grueling. "i read, hit the gym, someones always cooking (?!) and then i got school at night and then i play cards." when he mentioned "9 times out of 10..." i thought he was gonna say people mess with you, or something bad happens. nope, 9 times out of 10 someone is cooking.

• would have been much more poignant and sad if it had concluded with a black and white jake lamotta type shot of him facing a mirror trying to remember and recite the lines to "age ain't nothing but a number".