Stuff DJs Hate

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• the most beat-to-death topic on the strut. also a cringe worthy topic in light of the economy. a website dedicated to complaints from people who get paid to make people dance. let me direct you to the nyt story about the 40 guys in Chile who are stuck in a mine for the next 5 months.

• keithvanhorn said:
    the most beat-to-death topic on the strut. also a cringe worthy topic in light of the economy. a website dedicated to complaints from people who get paid to make people dance. let me direct you to the nyt story about the 40 guys in Chile who are stuck in a mine for the next 5 months.

and they refused to send down booze and cigarettes, which is cruel IMO.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    the most beat-to-death topic on the strut. also a cringe worthy topic in light of the economy. a website dedicated to complaints from people who get paid to make people dance. let me direct you to the nyt story about the 40 guys in Chile who are stuck in a mine for the next 5 months.

I know it has been covered a 100 times, but whatever, it is what it is.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:

Wait, so will that mean you will not post or comment on any story that is LESS weighty?

• billbradley said:
    keithvanhorn said:

sorry - my rant wasn't direct at you for posting it, but at the site itself.

i click on everything that is dj-complaining-related. it makes me feel that much worse about my work complaints. like when a client texts me that she is going to lose her house unless i win her case.

• mannybolone said:
    keithvanhorn said:

Wait, so will that mean you will not post or comment on any story that is LESS weighty?

yes, please enforce this as the moderator. remove anything that is less important than the potential deaths of workers stuck in a mine.

• keithvanhorn said:
    billbradley said:
    keithvanhorn said:

sorry - my rant wasn't direct at you for posting it, but at the site itself.

i click on everything that is dj-complaining-related. it makes me feel that much worse about my work complaints. like when a client texts me that she is going to lose her house unless i win her case.

I am amazed at how much you busy lawyer dudes post on here Mon through Fri 8a to 5p.

• the stories on that website suck, the ones on here were more interesting.

• That guy's writing is painfully unfunny and uninteresting. Combined with a beat-to-death subject matter, that makes stuffdjshate.com just one more item added to this DJ's list of stuff to hate.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Herm said:

I am amazed at how much you busy lawyer dudes post on here Mon through Fri 8a to 5p.

This seems to be the popular rejoinder nowadays, and I don't understand why. If this is a slight about posting while on the job, doesn't that apply to everyone who works and occasionally checks out SS? Are you madd doggie about the fact that some of the lawyers on here are making money and posting at the same time? If so, you sound poar.

Seems to me, there are certain dudes on here who post on SS from morning, noon and night, but it's not like their work ethic is ever criticized.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    But lawyers suck from jump. All their posting here only further proves it.

• phongone said:
    Herm said:

This seems to be the popular rejoinder nowadays, and I don't understand why. If this is a slight about posting while on the job, doesn't that apply to everyone who works and occasionally checks out SS? Are you madd doggie about the fact that some of the lawyers on here are making money and posting at the same time? If so, you sound poar.

Seems to me, there are certain dudes on here who post on SS from morning, noon and night, but it's not like their work ethic is ever criticized.

Ummm...I said I'm amazed, not disappointed. Didn't realize other people have been saying it too. I always got the impression that the job was extremely hectic and left little time for anything other than work. Maybe you guys are just small-time little dude lawyers though.

(Relax, that was a joke.)

• keithvanhorn said:

the "hey, don't complain, it could be worse" argument is one of the top 5 worst arguments for anything in the history of arguments for anything.

• willie_fugal said:
    keithvanhorn said:

the "hey, don't complain, it could be worse" argument is one of the top 5 worst arguments for anything in the history of arguments for anything.

it's more "everything you have said has been repeated ad nauseum" and also completely obvious argument. but yes, things could be worse so stfu about drunk girls asking for flo rida.

i'm gonna go start a "things trapped miners in Chile hate" website.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    "things trapped miners in Chile hate" .

Not being able to log onto SS will porbably be at the top of their list... ;-P

Or probably getting busted cheating on their wife....

"ONE of the trapped Chilean miners is dreading his rescue after his wife met his secret mistress at the entrance to the San Jose mine.
    Yonni Barrios' wife, Marta Salinas, and his lover, Susana Valenzuela, were both holding vigils for him outside the mine.
    Ms Salinas, 56, was stunned and horrified when she heard Ms Valenzuela shouting his name amid a crowd of miners' loved ones.
    However, she is determined not to give up her man to her love rival.
    She told friends: "Barrios is my husband. He loves me and I am his devoted wife. This woman has no legitimacy."
    But Ms Valenzuela said the 50-year-old miner, who she met on a training course five years ago, was planning to leave his wife for her. "We are in love. I'll wait for him," she said. "

• willie_fugal said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    "things trapped miners in Chile hate" .

Not being able to log onto SS will porbably be at the top of their list... ;-P

Or probably getting busted cheating on their wife....

"ONE of the trapped Chilean miners is dreading his rescue after his wife met his secret mistress at the entrance to the San Jose mine.
    Yonni Barrios' wife, Marta Salinas, and his lover, Susana Valenzuela, were both holding vigils for him outside the mine.
    Ms Salinas, 56, was stunned and horrified when she heard Ms Valenzuela shouting his name amid a crowd of miners' loved ones.
    However, she is determined not to give up her man to her love rival.
    She told friends: "Barrios is my husband. He loves me and I am his devoted wife. This woman has no legitimacy."
    But Ms Valenzuela said the 50-year-old miner, who she met on a training course five years ago, was planning to leave his wife for her. "We are in love. I'll wait for him," she said. "

WHOA!!!