The Thread About DJ Bombay

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Why did it get deleted? Dude was vindicated...

Anyone who checked the thread early and didn't see the conclusion will keep that opinion in their minds.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    look who's talking

punk ass

• look who's watching.

you got your opportunity to defend your position... this guy didn't. Fair is fair, right?

• fake kala alert

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    no such thing as fair
    it's a myth

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I don't care. Sad is only that Behemoth's photo is gone with it as well. Whatup C**** ;) ?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    well man tbh, i just got a taste of this shit myself, i ordered some rekkids and paid for first class shipping, but 3 weeks later no rekkids for me, so i emailed the guy (sorta put him on blast) as it seriously appeared as though i wasnt getting my goods....i wasnt really pissed but i approached the situation with attitude my first email never was responded too, so my second one i was a little less friendly, he kept giving me the "once i put it in the mail its beyond my control" and all this crap about "it could take 2 weeks or up to 2 months" that was Sunday...

came home yesterday and sho nuff there was my purolator tag in the mail, 15 minutes later i had my records....

talk about eating my words...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I deleted it because the author of the thread wanted it deleted.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This thread is sufficient to clear his name.

b/w

medical bills or it didn't happen

(and even if it did, the proper order of things is:

1. Handle business
    2. Comfort sick mother)

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I deleted it because the author of the thread wanted it deleted.

If I had known it was that easy, I probably would have been banned only twice.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Could someone please PM me what was said in the vindication? I only caught the start of that thread but since I did have business with him, I'd like to hear it and make up my own mind, and do what I can to help re: eBay in Paypal if what he said is indeed valid.

My condolances do go out if he indeed is going through some tough times with family, but I think the real lesson here is that when some real life sh*t is going down, being upfront and putting a hold on things is the way to go - it's really not a good look both for yourself or those who you are dealing with to continue to buy and sell records if you can't fufill those obligations - it makes what would otherwise be quite valid and legitimate excuses, that folks would be understanding of, seem quite fake.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Neva 4get

• nzshadow said:
    Neva 4get

etched into the soulstrut zeitgeist.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Neva 4get 08/30/10

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He took forever to send the record out. He was vindicated by technicality and only did the "right thing "when M*** sic'd paypal on him. This whole situation was garbage and caused by the slackness and dishonesty of the seller. Mama bein sick don't mean you can't swing by the PO sometime in a month's time to send out a record that was paid for the day the auction ended. He was selling 1 RECORD on auction. Not 10, not a skillion. 1!

• The timing of the grave family illness or personal issues seems to directly correlate to the common soulstrut meme when people get burned buying or trading. Never once has anybody owned up that they just suck or are thieving.

EXAMPLE 1: "Dude you undergraded my Funk Inc LP, I demand a refund."

"Bro, my dog has hemroids that popped on my keyboard thus making my computer non-functional"

Example 2: "Heavy Schitt takes longer"

Example 3: "Dude where hell are my records, it's been 3 months"
    "Bro I'm shooting herion, sorry."

etc.......

Please add on your favorite excuses in the game being played poorly, it could be good for a laugh.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    NateBizzo said:
    The timing of the grave family illness or personal issues seems to directly correlate to the common soulstrut meme when people get burned buying or trading. Never once has anybody owned up that they just suck or are thieving.

EXAMPLE 1: "Dude you undergraded my Funk Inc LP, I demand a refund."

"Bro, my dog has hemroids that popped on my keyboard thus making my computer non-functional"

Example 2: "Heavy Schitt takes longer"

etc.......

Please add on your favorite excuses in the game being played poorly, it could be good for a laugh.

Those definitely were. Probably cause they were mostly true

• Jonny, dude said the post office lost 3 of his packages...when I was mail order manager at the shop for over 3 years I sent out well over 3 thousand records and how many got lost? One and it eventually found it's way back to the shop 8 months later. How many records have you sent out and got lost? I'm betting about the same ratio as me. Dude is a bad record seller, not a huge deal but a deal enough that he shouldn't be selling records.

• I had the post office send a $100 45 to an entirely different state than I addressed it to. It was never returned. That was a one-off occurrence, but I have had plenty of records "disappear" to France (that is another issue for another day).

I'm not arguing that the guy is a good record seller. But I just think deleting threads, particularly ones where the issue at hand actually gets resolved, is not a good habit. Let the threads stand, IMO.

• NateBizzo said:

gold, Jerry

:comedy_gold:

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "I'm so fucked up I can't even spell herion right"

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    sorry Sticky. here you go. even added a second one for you...
    i love how no one gives a shit. it's hilarious. but i had a blast and danced til the sun came up...

how are thangs??

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The guy claims he'll be paying this weekend for the $300+ worth of records he won. We shall see and I'll report back.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Why did it get deleted? dude was vindicated...

I requested the post to be closed and yes the dude was vindicated. I did both not because I felt I did anything in error. But because I'm just tired from dealing with it for the past month. I did receive a LP, but that in itself has issues too that I don't feel like going into. I'm just going to cut my losses and move on. The simple fact is me getting the item I paid for was not top priority to this guy. It was obvious dude was busy buying and paying for his own stuff and the only reason he sent my LP out when he did was because his accounts were frozen. The dates of his purchases show he was buying while his moms was supposed to be in the hospital as he claimed. And I was getting promises that my record would be sent overnight, next day air and he still ended up sending it media mail when he knew he was a month late. Not even priority. Basically that tells me he didn't really care when I get my shit, just as long as he can buy his own records. So you'all can still put your 2 cents in, but he is no victim and did deserved to be placed on blast.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    behemoth said:
    sorry Sticky. here you go. even added a second one for you...
    i love how no one gives a shit. it's hilarious. but i had a blast and danced til the sun came up...
    how are thangs??

All good over here, will be in Cologne back soon! Y'all should come out again, was alot of fun! But now back to the program...JP said France. :5pager:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    People not to buy from in the coming months:

Fishdon'tgiveafunk
    DJ Bombay