Weekday Finds (Aug 8 - 12)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Post-Vacation Post Office finds: Kauai thrift find:

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yo, let me come holler at yer post office!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Post-Vacation Post Office finds:

SHEEEEEESH! You guys are lucky. i went through 1,000 records today and ended up with nothin'!!!

got a KPM afro rock via internet though. for cheeeeeeeeeeap.

• your honesty shall be greatly rewarded

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    yo, let me come holler at yer post office!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    This is an amazing record:

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Where in Kauai did you go?

Sushi Blues? Surfing? Kalalau Trail? Napali Coast?

Don't tell me you hung out at your hotel pool.

I'm going from December 16-30th. Staying at a house with it's own private 3-hole golf course right on hanelei bay. If you know the area it's the last house on the road towards the pier.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Instant Collection Rey!

Elyse Weinberg- "elyse" on tetragrammaton (nice folk lp, Neil Young's on it too)
    Emerald Web- "dragon wings and wizard tales" (lovin this album- real headz know the deal)
    Neal Creque- "creque" finally!!! fender rhodes for days
    Guitar Ensemble- you-n-you (cool xian lp)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Post-Vacation Post Office finds:

you arent safe in your post office parking lot.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I went everywhere in Kauai reachable by car and a short walk it seems. Also did the tubing trip through the old irrigation canals, which was all right. No surfing, hiking, or sushi. I'll probably do more stuff the next time I'm there. Vacation is hard work--trying to make it to all of the sites and excursions and what have you. Kauai is my favorite island now, though.

I'm going from December 16-30th. Staying at a house with it's own private 3-hole golf course right on hanelei bay. If you know the area it's the last house on the road towards the pier.

Radd. I think I know the place.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I went everywhere in Kauai reachable by car and a short walk it seems. Also did the tubing trip through the old irrigation canals, which was all right. No surfing, hiking, or sushi. I'll probably do more stuff the next time I'm there. Vacation is hard work--trying to make it to all of the sites and excursions and what have you. Kauai is my favorite island now, though.

• Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Minneapolis recor dshow was this weekend. It was probably the weakest one ive been too but i still found sum decent stuff. Also grabbed a couple things at the store.

J5-goin back to indiana
    Kool and the Gang-Wild and Peaceful
    Jermaine Jackson-ST
    marvin gaye-lets get it on
    marvin gaye-here my dear
    james brown- hell
    reverend c coleman-rockgospel time(funky gospel on brunswick)
    Rufusthomas-crown prince of dance
    baby doos house party(private press funk out of minneapolis)

45's

soul searchers-funkto the folks
    archie bell-cant stop dancing
    joe quarterman-so much trouble
    sylvia-pillow talk
    richard barbary-whats your name
    fantastic 4-aint love wonderfulthe webs-thing called love
    barabra mason-yes im ready
    13th floor-leanin
    fascinations-im so lucky
    james carr love attack

The last 4 lps are for trade if anyone is interested.

JKriss

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Vacation is hard work

Dude, vacation is hard work. Fortunately, some off us are independently wealthy and that makes the work easier. The only good work is easy work, after all. You should try being more lazy yourself.

Sincerely,

Your Prodigal Son

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    kinda sucks I've only found one record since Sunday. and its a double

Devonne Armstrong & Group featuring Quinn Harris[/b] "Getting Together" (MLE) - 1973 local press jazz LP with covers of "Let's Stay Together" & "You Are The Sunshine of My Life"

I'm slipping

• came up on these so far this week:

included above -

Showbiz & AG "Soul Clap" 12"
    Oneness Of Juju "Every Way But Loose" 12"
    Boogie Down Productions "Love's Gonna Get'cha" 12"

plus lots more early 90s hip hop promo 12s

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• Ohio rode trip digs (sunday/monday)

Sonny Stitt - Turn it On (Prestige) ill, gets the full treatment from Idris, Sparks + Leon Spencer

Rotary Connection s/t (Cadet Concept) fur trade

Albert King - I'll Play the Blues for you (Stax)

Gil Evans - Individualism (Verve)

ebay arrival: Walter Bishop - Keeper of My Soul (Black Jazz)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Reducer: die

PS Do you like that Love Committee LP? I'm on the fence with those guys, I've listened to that one and haven't decided to get it or not, a real tossup.
    T.N.

• PS Do you like that Love Committee LP? I'm on the fence with those guys, I've listened to that one and haven't decided to get it or not, a real tossup.
    T.N.

Actually I haven't listened to it yet, I'm still all hung up on that Scott Bradford. HEAT! Love Committee was only a dollar so I grabbed it with a bunch of other "modern soul" looking/type joints that I'd never seen before and figured I'd listen to them later.

SONIC

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    just one so far this week

not bad for a buck

• just one so far this week

not bad for a buck

What does this sound like?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Aaron, turn on your PM's, says you're not accepting for some reason.

nice finds. what label is the monguito? Gold or clouds?

i'm still aware of my slow-moving reciprocity. But it is not forgotten. got a few things that might work nice for you... i'm back in MI on Friday - Wed. morn but i'm not sure how long i'll be in the area- heading up north.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    What does this sound like?

elements of psych, garage, and pop. no progbeatz unfortunately.

• Only one record in the mail this week:

two headed freap sealed.

i've been hitting up local spots all week and I haven't bought ONE single record.

this place sucks.

this thrift store i go to had a sylvia striplin 12" a long time ago and I have been there about 40 straight times without one record of any kind

Based on the finds I'm seeing from you michigan guys, I need to go to detroit. (just wanted to use those in a post)

two headed freap sealed.

i've been hitting up local spots all week and I haven't bought ONE single record.

this place sucks.

this thrift store i go to had a sylvia striplin 12" a long time ago and I have been there about 40 straight times without one record of any kind

Based on the finds I'm seeing from you michigan guys, I need to go to detroit. (just wanted to use those in a post)

did you got to the spot run by the dude with the funny hat? off mlk and i think main. i went through there about a year ago with a friend. perhaps time has filled the shelves once again.

two headed freap sealed.

this place sucks.

did you got to the spot run by the dude with the funny hat? off mlk and i think main. i went through there about a year ago with a friend. perhaps time has filled the shelves once again.

he went out of business about 6 months ago
    Said it was a fire hazard or something.

I still see him wandering around town with that funny lampshade hat. I saw him a few weeks ago selling a truck or something by an Alchoholics Anonymous.

Three thrift stores have gone out of business since I've been here. And another stopped selling records.

• damn!

that sucks dude. sorry. but yeah, that joint was somewhat of a fire hazard. the dudes bathroom sink drained into a bucket that he would empty out the front door everytime someone used it. post up though. isnt there a UC campus about to go up around your parts? that should revitalize the marketablility of a thrift store.

• damn!

that sucks dude. sorry. but yeah, that joint was somewhat of a fire hazard. the dudes bathroom sink drained into a bucket that he would empty out the front door everytime someone used it. post up though. isnt there a UC campus about to go up around your parts? that should revitalize the marketablility of a thrift store.

true that's why i'm in this dipshit town in the first place.

dave

• Based on the finds I'm seeing from you michigan guys, I need to go to detroit.

there really are no records in detroit, its all about the upper peninsula man aka the bunny above the mitten

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    A few totally random (really) LA selections: