Attn: Cosmo

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I see the Rub's history of Hip Hop just made Gorillamask's front page.

That's a shit-ton of traffic about to head your way.

I hope your server can take the weight.

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Wow -- props Cosmo! That's a major look -- they're coming in right at about 2,300 on alexa. Super good look!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    and speaking of which -- I call bullshit on the Rap Map. Barley looked it over, but for LA alone, no Larry Parker's? No La Cienega Fatburger? WTF??? And the NY shouts are paltry too.

• sidebar, but sticking with the attention Cosmo theme:

Cosmo, can you ask Santi (Santogold) when she'll have a new album. I'd like to listen to a new one. I know she is a friend of yours. Google doesnt say much.

• mr baker, what up with toronto this friday!?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey dudes,

Yeah I didn't know about the Gorilla site but already people were emailing us on some discovery shit, so yeah I guess that's good.

I don't know when Santi is doing another record but I know that she's been staying busy so hopefully sooner than later.

This friday in Toronto should be dope. It's at The Drake and that's always a fun time so you should try to make it. Gonna be playing all sorts of shit...

Word, anyone got any more questions! Let's go!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

YO SON HOOK IT UP hahaha...

No but for real it's gonna be a great time. It's me and Ayres as The Rub and Smalltown DJs who are our close friends and awesome DJs at that. The tour has been structured a little differently than how we normally do it. Kind of a 3 for 3 record thing all night. We start with some funk and groovy shit but the majority of the night in the middle has been more house and club. But then for the last hour we go balls to the wall and have been playing like bugged shit from the 50s and 60s and shit. So yeah, fun times for sure. Hope you can make it out. Shows at The Drake are always good - it's a really good room to play.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    vintageinfants said:

YO SON HOOK IT UP hahaha...

No but for real it's gonna be a great time. It's me and Ayres as The Rub and Smalltown DJs who are our close friends and awesome DJs at that. The tour has been structured a little differently than how we normally do it. Kind of a 3 for 3 record thing all night. We start with some funk and groovy shit but the majority of the night in the middle has been more house and club. But then for the last hour we go balls to the wall and have been playing like bugged shit from the 50s and 60s and shit. So yeah, fun times for sure. Hope you can make it out. Shows at The Drake are always good - it's a really good room to play.

I'm gonna try to get to this one man... I'll come say hi if I can get in.. sometimes the Drake are bastards about letting people in, and I hate waiting in line.

peace

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word man it's been a minute since I've seen you anyway... When was the last time, like randomly late night in the hood in Texas right? Def swing through if you can, or drop me a line I can lace you.

• drake securrity stays stush some nights. aint nothing wrong with going at 10pm and gettin it in on the rooftop.