ELECTRO/HOUSE/FOOL'S GOLD Anyone???

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Please explain this phenomenon.

I just discovered LA Riot "The Drop".

I thought I heard something similar at XS in Vegas this year.

I'm guessing Miami and Europe are places where this music is really kicking?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    No one?

• Options
    yuichi said:
    No one?

Chirp, chirp.

Where is the "disconnect" little picturine thimble?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i just checked that track out....when it first started i was thinking Doc Martin/DJSneak-ish type tunes and was waiting to some progression then it dropped in to this ridiculous high pitch acid tweakiness that made me hit stop and close the broswer...immediately..

• Options
    Try some deeper stuff yo, with a name like LA Riot what do you expect?

• Hey Yuichi,

In case you didn't get the memo, 2010 Rave music is bigger than ever. I know it is a curse word these days, but yes, Rave music is still very popular (though now referred to as HIPSTER MUSIC). How it became a curse word as well as the most popular form of music in USA is only demonstrative of the ironic attitudes of most hipster dudes these days. Most americans like to think that Rave is just something for shirtless europeans to dance to in leather pants, and it is. But the irony will show that at the same time somehow it also became the newest chic music trend in the US.

I played that clip for a second just to hear what the "ACID" part was that homeboy pointed out in the earlier post, and at the same time my wife yelled for me to turn off this utter shite.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    For the record, I like some of this stuff.....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    francislai said:

In case you didn't get the memo, 2010 Rave music is bigger than ever.

SoHotRightNow

Most americans like to think that Rave is just something for shirtless europeans to dance to in leather pants

Does this mean todays hipsters will get to do cheesy talkinghead docs like this about the late '00s?

Me and my record collection are waiting for the '90s to become fashionable...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I like this.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I said it before and I say it again: It amazes me, that a lot of strutters always seem to have excellent taste in old music but when it comes to new club music they can cope with the worst crappy cheesy shit.
    Dance music threads are nearly as amusing and disturbing as rap ones around these parts.
    BTW. where's DEEJ at? It's kind a surprising that he hasn't chimed in in this discussion yet.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Shuttupahyaface and put your leather pants on already :roll: