CHAMPIX / CHANTIX CIGARETTE GIVE UP THREAD

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
So I been on these suckers for 7 days now, onto the 8th day where it bumps up from 1mg a day to 2mg.

My dreams are vivid. I hate everything. I have trouble sleeping, and I still smoke even though they taste like arse.

WHAT UP! Who out there has some advice or can prepare me for this week, anyone given up using this pill. Wish me luck peoples. I gotta get these ciggs outta my life.

peace.

Comments

• Stick with it man, the taste of ass is ever increasing and eventually there is no hit and no trigger. Worked for me after smoking for 20 years.

Good luck.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Carter was a well known Dallas musician......

http://cbs11tv.com/local/chantix.carter.albrecht.2.507207.html

• Yeah. What he ^^^ said. Chantix is well know for making people nutso. A sister of an acquaintance had to quit after having all sorts of mental meltdowns, some violent.

I'm all for anything that can help people quit the nasty smoking habit. But be aware that there can be serious side effects with this drug!

However, if you're not feeling psychotic(?), stick it out for a few days. And take up whittling, or something...

• Okay - I rethought my reply. Since whittling involves a knife, scrap that. How bout online video games. Or closet cleaning?

You can do it!!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• im on day 33 after smoking for over 15 years. an if i could offer up any advice? the only thing keeping me from smoking has been sunflower seeds. specifically 'spitz' brand and dill pickle flavor.

you feel like a jackass, but i assure you it works.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts