An Ebay 1st for me, anyone else?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I won a record and paid for it immediately. That was 4 weeks ago. I placed an unreceived item claim through paypal today. The seller then provides me with the tracking number which I checked my self that says item was delivered to my address on July 23rd at 1:30 pm!!!! Yet I've never received anything. It wasn't a rare and only $9 so no big deal but wow what the heck happened here?! Has this happened to anyone else???? I actually remember that day well and receiving my mail, it was not in there.

Comments

• I've had the mail carriers deliver to the wrong address and I have received other peoples packages. One time a package was marked delivered. The next day I asked the carrier about it. He had the package. He didn't work the day before and i asked if he thought the mail carrier was just being lazy and he nodded.

• some of my packages get delivered to the restaurant near my house by accident for some reason. i complain when i don't get my library heaters, and hell naw they ain't getting those lobsters back when our roles occasionally reverse.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    some of my packages get delivered to the restaurant near my house by accident for some reason. i complain when i don't get my library heaters, and hell naw they ain't getting those lobsters back when our roles occasionally reverse.

sounds like a win/win to me

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    a bit off topic, but kinda on topic...but situation was due to my fuck up...

A few years ago I ordered a 45 from Jazzman, a moderately priced 45, $100+. Anyway it wasnt until about a week later that I noticed I typoed the address. I contact jazzman, of course record is already in route. So, I go to the address I gave jazzman and it is an apartment with a scary skinhead dude living there. I knock and he opens the door and I shit you not EVERY square inch of any table surface is covered in empty beer cans. Also a GIANT confederate flag hanging up in the window. He is obviously annoyed with answering the door but I still tell him the situation and give him my number and ask him if he wouldnt mind giving me a call when the record arrives and I will come get it and bring him a case, of what I can see is his favorite beer (Busch). I can tell he has no interest in helping me from his not saying a word and just staring at me and I am never going to get this record. I politely thank him for his trouble and leave. Now the next day or so is when I assume the record should arrive. So, I see the mail truck I assume is making the deliveries on the street. I ask him if he has delivered to a specific block yet and he tells me he doesnt service that block and that the carrier that does has already made his deliveries. I am getting bummed out. I decide to drive to skinhead's apartment. I go and knock on the door, no answer. So I make a quick scan of my surroundings, see that no one is around and I just plunge my hand into his mailbox...a 45 mailer!
    I just grab it and RUN down the street to my car and high tail it out of there. I lucked the fuck out.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    haaaa great story.. i love what crazy shit, people has to go through, to get their records!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    I won a record and paid for it immediately. That was 4 weeks ago. I placed an unreceived item claim through paypal today. The seller then provides me with the tracking number which I checked my self that says item was delivered to my address on July 23rd at 1:30 pm!!!! Yet I've never received anything. It wasn't a rare and only $9 so no big deal but wow what the heck happened here?! Has this happened to anyone else???? I actually remember that day well and receiving my mail, it was not in there.

Checking with your neighbors, and your local post office, is a good call.

In an other life I used to UPS a lot of luggage.
    My customers were already mad because the airline had destroyed their suitcase.
    98% of missing packages were resolved through, check your neighbor, back porch.

On the other hand, I had a new computer that UPS (wrongly) delivered down the street, but they said they didn't get it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    haaaa great story.. i love what crazy shit, people has to go through, to get their records!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    So, i'm watering the lawn in the backyard today and walking around cleaning up etc. Guess what's on the ground over the back gate?!?!?! Been in the sun & rain outdoors for 3 weeks now. Cracked it open and it was just fine.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My long-standing and good relationship with my local post officer has pretty much gauranteed that I will never lose anything that's even looks vaugely addressed to me. I am universally known by staff there as the guy that gets lots of records in the post!

I really need to leave a 6-pack out for my local parcel delivery guy this Christmas.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    So, i'm watering the lawn in the backyard today and walking around cleaning up etc. Guess what's on the ground over the back gate?!?!?! Been in the sun & rain outdoors for 3 weeks now. Cracked it open and it was just fine.

:woah: Which nine dolla rekkid was it?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    I've had the mail carriers deliver to the wrong address and I have received other peoples packages. One time a package was marked delivered. The next day I asked the carrier about it. He had the package. He didn't work the day before and i asked if he thought the mail carrier was just being lazy and he nodded.

A couple of months back, I had a package delivered, not to the wrong address, but to the wrong town. Despite the carrier's on-line tracking service saying that it had been delivered, and even that I'd signed for it, it disappeared without trace. Luckily for me, the sender looked into it and later admitted that the error was on his part, so I got my money back.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i had the same thing happen to me with a package from amazon. it was shown electronically as delivered. i told them i did not receive it, so amazon just sent out another package on next day. found the package a month later on my back porch when i was sweeping leaves. i donated the books to the english grad student fundraiser thing.