Reynaldo said:

Placebo: Ball Of Eyes (CBS)
    Placebo: 1973 (CBS)
    Placebo: Placebo (Harvest)

Placebo Sessions.

Much cheaper.
    Comps are soft.

So is "E-digging".
    Softer still is having a weak ass collection on account of not E-digging.

One does not need internet to have a good collection....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    catalist said:
    Reynaldo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

Placebo Sessions.

Much cheaper.
    Comps are soft.

So is "E-digging".

That's weak collection talk.

• if is was you i would start with the raer beatles baby cover preferably sealed with tiny kisses or grab an uncle funkenstein down at the good will.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Search, go to Waxwell, browse the store, and if you can put up with Leons dirty feet, ask him the same questions.

Leon's too busy with Facebook these days to even bother with the store anymore. You can just walk into the store and take whatever you want without paying. He won't even notice. ;)

nzshadow said:
    Search, go to Waxwell, browse the store, and if you can put up with Leons dirty feet, ask him the same questions.

Leon's too busy with Facebook these days to even bother with the store anymore. You can just walk into the store and take whatever you want without paying. He won't even notice. ;)

nzshadow said:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Buy anything & everything. Weed out all the bullshit. Pay way too much for easy finds. Go out in the trenches and dig till your fingers are caked with dirt. That's my suggestion. Start by copping every Leo Sayer record you can find.

Thank me later

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    catalist said:
    Reynaldo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

Placebo Sessions.

Much cheaper.
    Comps are soft.

So is "E-digging".

That's weak collection talk.

People who are NOT e-digging in the year 2010 are relics of a bygone era, and indeed are missing much heat.

I know multiple folks these days who rarely ever leave their houses in their search for records. While that ain't quite me, I definitely employ many methods to bolster my cache of vinyl (Field, Interwebs, Otherwise).

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    E-Digging is indeed quite soft, I might add, however effective.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Search,

If you are looking to build a collection, you need to dig man, fuck only pulling peices from the wall.

Amsterdam is a great city for turning up records, day jobs might be serious business but damn man, the thrill is in the hunt.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    musica said:
    E-Digging is indeed quite soft, I might add, however effective.

Yup. As is e-selling. With the internet my "habit" began to pay for itself.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    markus71 said:
    nzshadow said:

Gold.

the last time i was in i stole one of his cigarettes and kept his lighter.

SUCKA!

Delay, where you at ouwe?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    catalist said:
    "E-digging".

Unless I knock off a bank or eight, work a job I hate, get an amazing stock tip or marry rich, I can't afford to travel to all the places where my chances of finding a lot of the records I love are much much much better.

I love record stores and looking for records, but fact is, if not for internet sales, I would never be able to have some of my most beloved music on my turntable.

I am not interested in adhering to some arbitrary record-shopping code - I just want good music in my life.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    bassie said:
    catalist said:
    "E-digging".

Unless I knock off a bank or eight, work a job I hate, get an amazing stock tip or marry rich, I can't afford to travel to all the places where my chances of finding a lot of the records I love are much much much better.

I love record stores and looking for records, but fact is, if not for internet sales, I would never be able to have some of my most beloved music on my turntable.

I am not interested in adhering to some arbitrary record-shopping code - I just want good music in my life.

Yea I pretty much posted that because overall Reynaldo comes off as sponge soft. I've bought shit online for sure... I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as actually digging for records. there should be a rule in the 'Weekend Finds' threads where it has to be shit you actually FOUND.. not stuff you got because eBay emailed you to tell you it was available for 99.99.

I don't care if I'm archaic... I prefer making music than collecting records anyway so I likely differ from many people on here.

For the record, selling vinyl online is awesome for getting $$$$.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Search,

If you are looking to build a collection, you need to dig man, fuck only pulling peices from the wall.

Amsterdam is a great city for turning up records, day jobs might be serious business but damn man, the thrill is in the hunt.

Can you imagine what it was like back in the 90s when most normal folk were getting rid of their record collections.

Queens Day on April 30th was always gold, picking up crazy stuff all the time. Concerto turned up heat every few days back then, as they had so many rcords coming in on a weekly basis....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    TDLT02 said:

Not Jazzman who did Placebo, but Jake from Hastings, who owned and ran Counterpoint Records.
    He put out the Placebo compilation, along with the Marc Moulin - Sam Suffy reissue back in the mid 90s.

Yeah, sorry, I know that, I guess my post wasn't clear enough - I mean that Jazzman always puts out good product, often from master tapes, and I'd rather Gerald had done that comp than Counterpoint if the quality was better. Counterpoint were on some sh*t though. Darondo "Didn't I" in '97 when I thought this was some Giles Peterson 2001 discovery, so it's a shame if the sound quality isn't the best... I'll bring along the Counterpoint re-ish. You bring the Pepsi.

Sam Suffy also got a nice Japanese reissue late 90s, early 2000s.
    A double album cut at 45rpm, so should be a nice loud pressing...

This is how it should be done!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    The Search said:
    So yes i did dropped serious loot to get them..

Tell me why is that weird?

You're likely to be called out as some kind of 'tourist'.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Hey kids-

I own most of the stuff namechecked in this thread - after digging for 20 years that is - and I would still maintain you aint shit if you arent up on your ohio players, jb??s, kool and the gangs, sly??s, pfunk etc. etc. The Pain Pleasure Ecstacy trilogy is some of the hardest funk known to man. FUCK nico gomez.

Search - All the info you requested is faster and more easily available by doing google searches or going on to allmusic, discogs, etc. if you have a serious day job im assuming you have some form of intellect that would enable you to do so. Be a g about your shit and dont ask others to spell shit out for you. The game is to be sold, not told.

Unless youre an alias and just enjoy ebaiting the shit out of the pavlovian strut massive. In that case, well done!

Can??t believe all these record vets are going to bite so hard and get into ebeef over e digging and reissues. THAT is some asshurt/soft shit for real. I just had to post in this thread to point that out. Can we maintain a semblance of dignity and at least keep the beef rap related?

Like yall hating on a poster for jamming the hell out of this tune?

WOOF WOOF

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The instant collection dudes are a increasingly common phenomena, that's why the market for common records has dropped off.
    They're like a facsimile, of a facsimile, of the notion of what record collecting is meant to be about. All the detail has gone and you're just left with collecting as a status symbol.