NY'ers - Harold Moores?

GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central

Whats the deal with this?

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think this is the other SOHO. Our dumpsters are full of water, not records.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Dammit.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    a while back a friend of mine drove down to sell at the brooklyn flea. he did ok. when he broke down at 5 i suggested we hit up academy annex and dump the rest. out of 200-300 records they bought about 20, which is understandable as it was all this r+b and 12" junk that no one bought earlier.

we laid everything out on bedford in front of greenpoint tavern and wondered how many beers in we'd be before it was all be gone. turns out the answer is half a beer. there's something about free shit that brings out the animal in people. it was like throwing a fistful of hamburger meat into the amazon river.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    a while back a friend of mine drove down to sell at the brooklyn flea. he did ok. when he broke down at 5 i suggested we hit up academy annex and dump the rest. out of 200-300 records they bought about 20, which is understandable as it was all this r+b and 12" junk that no one bought earlier.

we laid everything out on bedford in front of greenpoint tavern and wondered how many beers in we'd be before it was all be gone. turns out the answer is half a beer. there's something about free shit that brings out the animal in people. it was like throwing a fistful of hamburger meat into the amazon river.

I took a personal day last week and my fiance and I were packing shit up to move. She refused to allow us to keep any of the painting I had that a friend of mine had done ??? real amateur stuff. So i put them out front with a "FREE" sign and they were gone within minutes. And this is a relatively quiet side street in the middle of the day. I ended up putting all kinds of random shit out there over the course of the day that we didn't want, and every last thing I put out there went except for a package of two unused mouse traps, but those had been knocked under the hedge, so I don't think anybody saw them.