This LP Will Likely Never Be Opened b/w Is $50K Possible?

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah this is the rare baby cover version....i saw it go for more then its listed for on ebay before....that was about 2 yrs ago...never heard of it before then, $50,000 seems a bit steep though

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    this is the rare baby cover version

You don't say!

oh! but i do say.....and i did...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    It's only a matter of time before this hits 50K.

I'd sooner put my money in this than the stock market.

• baby cover? it's called a "butcher cover" beatdiggers should know this, liek you should know if you get a peelable mono trunk copy.

shit! sorry guys....my status isnt obviously as dope as yours...i promise by the time i hit 40, i'll try to be a lot more like every here and a lil less like myself...is knowing everything a prerequisite here or something?

noobs to the site get squashed and the elites just keep trying to show each other up?

• pretty much, and you are also required to disavow hip hop.

:post_modern:

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    time to invest in a plastic sealer machine.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    calling 27,000US

scottsdale got all the good records...

ha! sure and thanks so much for the stellar advice....

if i have any questions about the site should you be my point of contact? just wanna make sure we clear the air and i have all my bases covered..

• dj_cityboy said:

if i have any questions about the site should you be my point of contact? just wanna make sure we clear the air and i have all my bases covered..

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

4YearGraduate said:
    dj_cityboy said:

i'll take that as a no then and carry on as usual....

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    don't mind him, he hates hiphop & is jealous of your swagger

say, are u a writer?

^^ me? yeah i been a writer since late 93

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    shit! sorry guys....my status isnt obviously as dope as yours...i promise by the time i hit 40, i'll try to be a lot more like every here and a lil less like myself...is knowing everything a prerequisite here or something?

noobs to the site get squashed and the elites just keep trying to show each other up?

LOL

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    all i am curious on is where dude found this lp.
    it kills me to think that someone would find this in a dirty old furniture store.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    jammy said:
    all i am curious on is where dude found this lp.
    it kills me to think that someone would find this in a dirty old furniture store.

I'm pretty sure this is from a documented find that originated from the home of a former Capitol employee. There was a small box of sealeds that are slowly being sold off and they all seem to come with a xerox copy of the recall letter..

Alan Livingston, Capitol Records reigning president during the 60???s kept 25 copies of the controversial album covers and stored them untouched for 20 years. At a Marriott convention in the mid 80???s Peter Livingston, Alan Livingston???s??? son started a buying cycle that has escalated to unexpected proportions. Sales on Ebay continue to rise and surprise. The different states of condition determine the value of the Beatles Butcher Cover. For every ten mono copies, a stereo copy was made. Therefore, the stereo copies bring the most return.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

Your ass, it burns.
    While the butcher cover is basic common knowledge, had you simply said

...you could have avoided this embarrassing little fiasco.

As you were.

shit....are we still on this....you guys are acting like kids that had their favorite toy taken away....

if you read correctly i said that i hadnt heard of this until 2 years ago when i saw the listing on ebay for the first time....fuck sakes sorry for calling it the wrong thing your majesty....maybe you should be my point of contact for any questions regarding this involving this site....

i could give 2 flying shits if i call it baby cover, butcher cover, Beatles cover in meat cover....who cares? its not as though you didnt understand wtf i was talking....

• HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT DRAKE?

TINY KISSES, YAY OR NAY?

ALSO PLEASE WRITE A 5 PAGE ESSAY ON THE "ELEMENTZ" OF HIP HOP.

so you know in real life people wouldnt tolerate this shit....but this is the internet...so i'll play along....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    you guys are acting like kids that had their favorite toy taken away

...or whose favorite toy just arrived and started poasting

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    you guys are acting like kids that had their favorite toy taken away

...or whose favorite toy just arrived and started poasting

with Crocs on?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    shit....are we still on this....you guys are acting like kids that had their favorite toy taken away....

if you read correctly i said that i hadnt heard of this until 2 years ago when i saw the listing on ebay for the first time....fuck sakes sorry for calling it the wrong thing your majesty....maybe you should be my point of contact for any questions regarding this involving this site....

i could give 2 flying shits if i call it baby cover, butcher cover, Beatles cover in meat cover....who cares? its not as though you didnt understand wtf i was talking....

the writer in him is coming out

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

I'm thinking this has the potential to hit 30k, but 50k...hmmmm. I suppose anything is possible, but I for one would really be surprised. Rock....is the guy selling this copy the Beatles dude who runs around at the Austin show?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    If it were a sealed stereo I could see that fetching 50,000.00 because stereo copies were pressed in limited quantities when this variation was released.

amazing in the past the dj's i have played shows with and ones i have met have never been such asshats before....amazing that a lot of you found each other in the same place....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'd like to think there is a Dean Martin LP or somesuch inside that Beatle's Baby Cover!!!