Discogs Question

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I'm pretty new to checking that site out. I seen a record I wanted and it was listed at $100. So I decided to buy it. The seller then sends me a paypal request for 100GBP! Now we're going back and forth trying to sort the thing out and it hasn't been good for either side. I clearly know what I seen listed as he is trying to argue with me it was listed as GBP and it clearly wasn't. I feel bad but I'm not willing to pay that much for it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    I'm pretty new to checking that site out. I seen a record I wanted and it was listed at $100. So I decided to buy it. The seller then sends me a paypal request for 100GBP! Now we're going back and forth trying to sort the thing out and it hasn't been good for either side. I clearly know what I seen listed as he is trying to argue with me it was listed as GBP and it clearly wasn't. I feel bad but I'm not willing to pay that much for it. Any suggestions?

Tell him to fuck off. Your point is completely reasonable.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Just get him to cancel the transaction and he can re-list the record. He doesn't pay any fees to re-list and you get to keep your $100.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    If you go to 'My Purchases' in your discogs user account, it should clearly show what currency that record was listed as. Very hard to dispute that. However, this issue with currency comes up not infrequently. I've been on both sides of the issue too!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    I clearly know what I seen listed... I feel bad
    :holygrail: