ridiculous homemade track (amateur audio)

generiquegenerique 625 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So I found this on my own computer. I enjoyed sampling and mixing back in 1998. Now that I listen to it again I see it's stupid. Still, I'm liking it!

Fury on the Bosporus

Have a laugh or trash it. Or tell me if you discover a sample. Or submit your own stupid mix.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i dont get it. if you think its so bad, why would you put it up on a site that gets over 1 million hits a month. gluton for punnishment?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    that track was cool! i love how all over the place it is

• i dont get it. if you think its so bad, why would you put it up on a site that gets over 1 million hits a month. gluton for punnishment?

I say I think it's stupid not bad. It has no use. But it might be a good laugh for people who are into rare records and sampling themselves. I'm curious what other manic stuff is hidden on home computers.

Besides that I don't know what's the protocol in here on posting audio for it's own sake. Let me know and I'll delete the post.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i dont think that was tough nor rude. i was seriously wondering why someone would play timid if they didnt like the product. is this being humble, or playing humble?

at any rate. i like the track homee.

• I have some seriously bugged shit on cassette tape. I think the less I knew about production, the better I was. Less inhibited anyway.

Nah, fuck it. I'm better now.

• i'm kind of with delay on this. you could have posted this as a "what do you all think of this track" thread as opposed to a 'this track sux, so listen to it' thread.

whats ridiculous about it?

i too think thats it's not bad at all aside from some beats falling off at some points.

are you not in the game anymore, or are you still at it? Keep it up if you are.

peas.

• Okay, point taken. I made this 6 or 7 years ago and it hasn't left my house after I had a few people listen to it. The reactions at that time were that it is too weird and dense (not to mention the sound quality and the kiddy soundcard I made it with). I distanced myself from it and haven't made anything after that time but kept on collecting records as if I were. To live up to the swing I gave it in this thread, I should have taken one of the other tracks I made because now that I listen to this one again I see it actualy does have organic parts and the overall structure isn't that confusing as is the case with all the other stuff I did. I still think it's manic though and maybe laughable in it's pretentions. Thanks for taking it more serious than I apparently do.

Still I would like to hear your "less inhibited" stuff from before you became aware. Or the stuff you play when you hire a garage to jamm with buddies.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    i dont get it. if you think its so bad, why would you put it up on a site that gets over 1 million hits a month. gluton for punnishment?

1 million hits?