KANYE AT FACEBOOK HQ LUNCHTIME RAPPS

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central

:balla:

Comments

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    kept waiting for taylor swift to push him off the podium.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Holmes is the first rapper that I know of to show up at Facebook's and Twitter's offices, stand on a lunchroom table and premier his new album for their staff. Say what you want about dude, but you can't deny how smart that is from a marketing perspective. Such a simple thing to do, too!

Anyways, these lyrics hit VERY close to home. In all honesty, I get a little emotional every time I play it. Lyrics like these are the reason I love Kanye so much. This and that old demo he did called "Apologize."

"I don't like you, n***a,
    If I was old enough I'd fight you, n***a
    I wanna run over you with my bike, you n***a!
    Don't go to sleep at night, you n***a!"

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    This schitt is too minstrel show for me. Famous black dude on a table rappin' for some white corporate cornballs.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    phongone said:
    This schitt is too minstrel show for me. Famous black dude on a table rappin' for some white corporate cornballs.

not only that, but who anointed him the spoken word guru? years from now, professors won't be analyzing his lyrics and talking about how brilliant he was. let's celebrate the people with real talent in that area. this would be like sylvester stallone showing up and putting on a boxing clinic.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    phongone said:

Ha ha ha ha

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Do you like fish sticks?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    phongone said:

"Corporate cornballs"? You must be seeing a lot more in this video than I am. Even on the getting-racial aspect, the ratio is 50:50 if we throw Kanye into the mix.

EDIT: I only watched the second video. I see many more people in the first video and, yes, holding up your cell phone like that is indeed corny. However, the problem is systematic: people across the land are more concerned about capturing a moment on their cheap camera instead of enjoying said moment.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    phongone said:

not only that, but who anointed him the spoken word guru? years from now, professors won't be analyzing his lyrics and talking about how brilliant he was. .

2pac says "whaaaat?!?!"

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    phongone said:

Little over the top, no? But hey, if that's where it naturally goes for you...unless you're joking?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    MAN THEM CRAZY OLD DISCONNECTED WHITE DUDES RUNNING FACEBOOK AND TWITTER MUST HAVE BEEN LAUGHING INTO THEIR MONOCLES BEHIND KANYE'S BACK WHILST STACKING THAT SOCIAL MEDIA PAPER DUNN

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Do you like fish sticks?

"the offices of facebook suggested you like this"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh, so blood diamonds are a problem, but blood websites are just fine and dandy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    phongone said:
    To me it's just a dude on a table. Maybe you're projecting. Plus, minstrels weren't getting Kanye money.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    white_tea said:
    However, the problem is systematic

I think u mean it's SYSTEMIC

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    No one else is feeling the clip I posted? Was I the only one raised by a single mother??

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    sorry, this has turned into a race thread. take that somewhere else.