Anyone buy hip-hop magazines anymore?

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I still write for Spliffed, Drank in My Cup, and Piffadelic but don't even bother to read them, let alone buy them. I refuse to write for White Pony.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    BigK said:
    JUD said:
    As an archivist it also really bugs me that The Source and other rap mags haven't made an effort to make their back catalog available.

Word, especially that 88-94 period, that should be available to go through, that's some fundamental history right there (after that, not so much)

this could be such a cool book. Just throw in a compilation of the best features and reviews and id be totally sold.

WHy havent they done this yet? So stupid.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    BigK said:
    JUD said:
    As an archivist it also really bugs me that The Source and other rap mags haven't made an effort to make their back catalog available.

Word, especially that 88-94 period, that should be available to go through, that's some fundamental history right there (after that, not so much)

this could be such a cool book. Just throw in a compilation of the best features and reviews and id be totally sold.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    novocaine132 said:
    Word, that would be ill, even as a proper website even

extra evens - automatic penalty

Confucius say: "Man with extra evens, is even like Stevens. Or something."

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Bsides said:
    BigK said:
    JUD said:

Exactly, there are loads of classic interviews documenting some of the most important albums and times in hip-hop in those early issues, it would be a no-brainer to just edit it down into a dope book. Would be better than the majority of overly-academic snooze-fests that flood the hip-hop book market at the moment.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    novocaine132 said:
    Word, that would be ill, even as a proper website even

extra evens - automatic penalty

this dude is gonna be pissed:

omg edited to add this:

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Coincidentally enough, mere days after I mention this, it looks like the The Source have dropped their general manager and executive editor...

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/revolving_door/amy_andrieux_leaves_the_source_169338.asp?c=rss