ebay shipping address vs. paypal shipping address

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I had a new ebayer buy a record from me... payment was a little slow but came through... but my issue is their ebay and paypal shipping addresses are different (same town at least). I sent a msg to see which one to use but haven't heard anything back yet. I'll try another email but if I don't get a response soon... which should I default to??

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Here's what you do. Save all emails sent and don't ship until the buyer confirms his address. He's going against ebay's policy by having 2 different addresses. As long as you have proof that you repeatedly attempted contact you're in the clear. This happens to me all the time and the buyer usually isn't aware that the addresses are different. Don't sweat it, but don't ship it.

• Options
    I always default to the paypal shipping address.

It really is amazing how many eBay transactions I deal with that have differing addresses from the same customer(s) between their papal and eBay accounts (like they can't be bothered to update their address in their eBay account when they get kicked out of one hovel and move into another.) I used to email all of these fools first to have them confirm which stated shipping address between the two was the one they wanted me to fling their item to. The response to these queries was always (without exception) to use the paypal address. Because of that, I now don't bother with asking first, send the item(s) to the address stated in the paypal email and I have not had a single problem with doing so yet.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I always have things shipped to my work address because I can't get packages at home and it means I have to walk all the way down to the post office and kill an hour in the morning. I've neer had anyone give me a hard time about it and probably would never buy a record from someone again if they did.

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    I always have things shipped to my work address because I can't get packages at home and it means I have to walk all the way down to the post office and kill an hour in the morning. I've neer had anyone give me a hard time about it and probably would never buy a record from someone again if they did.

I will assume that you make a note to the seller in your paypal payment (or immediately after making payment, via a seperate email) that you want your item posted to a different specific address (information of which you include in full with your note.)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    As long as you ship to the address listed on the payment you are in the clear with Paypal, but not necessarily with eBay.

I've only once had a problem with this however.