God of War movie (Game related)

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
So its been given the greenlight. should be awful.

Im digging this one instead:

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Awful....probably.

Although I hope that new Mortal Kombat movie gets a greenlight. The trailer with Michael Jai White as Jax looked ridiculous.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Props to the attention to detail in this trailer, I could actually feel my stomach churning as it developed which is a good indication of how spot on they got the Anderson vibe.

Studios need to expand their horizons a bit with game adaptations. I want to see movies made of this kind of thing:

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Junior said:
    Props to the attention to detail in this trailer, I could actually feel my stomach churning as it developed which is a good indication of how spot on they got the Anderson vibe.

Studios need to expand their horizons a bit with game adaptations. I want to see movies made of this kind of thing:

Ever seen Feherlofia?

Good lord no but I will have by tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking more live action adaptation for Katamari though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    I was thinking more live action adaptation for Katamari though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    God Of War 3 was a very ggod game, but I think "Hollywood" should stop w/ the Greek/Roman thang.

The Clash Of The Titans came and went w/ no buzz at all.

Only the gamers will care about this shit.

Ha, is there anything the internet can't provide? Ok this was the one I really wanted but had to spend a bit of time finding out what it was called:

Sons any modern action movie for thrills spills and romance.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I have no idea what I just watched.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    FAMILY VALUES!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    batmon said:
    God Of War 3 was a very ggod game, but I think "Hollywood" should stop w/ the Greek/Roman thang.

The Clash Of The Titans came and went w/ no buzz at all.

Only the gamers will care about this shit.

Everyone is a 'gamer' these days though.

If you want to get your Greek/Roman thang on, I heartily recommend checking out Spartacus - Blood and the sand.

Junior said:
    Good lord no but I will have by tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries!

I saw bits of it on youtube a few years ago and decided I must have it! Trouble is its only released on DVD in hungary with no subs...

I got it anyway. I guess it should go in the top 5 DVDs thread, but I like the way this thing is progressing. Speaking of games turned into movies, was there ever a Myst/Riven movie? I would have loved to see a film made of that.

I could easily see this done in a "Dark City", "City of Lost Children" kind of way.

Myst was probably one of the first games that made my jaw drop when I saw it on a friend's PC. So pretty. Never played it enough to know what the hell was going on though, was just happy to stare at the pics.

What seems to me to be the problem with so many of the movie adaptations of games these days is that they take ones cinematic in scope anyway so what you actually get is a more linear, non interactive, version of something you've already enjoyed. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Bioshock popping up soon.

I actually ended up watching the entire Riven walkthrough yesterday. Memories of the countless frustrating hours spent solving those fucking puzzles (and switching between the 5(!) CDs) all came drifting back. Still surprised I actually made it through the entire game.

On another note, the new Tron is looking quite promising.