Look Around You (BBC-R)

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central

Just discovered this one recently, but I'm guessing it's been out a while. There's some Brits on here, right? What's worth checking for on the BBC these days? The last two shows I checked out were Saxondale and Man Stroke Woman, which were both funny to me, but I feel like I'm at least 2-3 years behind what's going on.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I've caught several episodes on adult swim over the last year and have mostly found it entertaining with intermittent moments of genius (e.g. Old Greg, which had me rolling for some silly reason.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

• I first heard about Look Around You from a friend about 2 years ago. But when he said it was on the BBC I was thinking that it was another David Attenborough documentary series, which of course isn't a bad thing. But when I watched it, I immediately fell for it. I thought that the Strut would love this one.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Long gone are the days of the BBC ruling the comedy roost, it's mostly dodgy panel shows and bad stand up.

Anything that Charlie Brooker does is usually good. Wouldn't bother with 'You've Been Watching' (dodgy panel show-related) but Screenwipe/Newswipe are the only things I watched on the BBC apart from the football in the last year or so.

Best British sitcom in recent times has been 'Peep Show' although that's on Channel 4.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Long gone are the days of the BBC ruling the comedy roost, it's mostly dodgy panel shows and bad stand up.

These two are kinda old now, but both quality BBC sitcoms.

&

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Whilst googling I found this on the bbc site. It's not very funny, but it is record related.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    look around you's first season was hilarious. the show is fairly old now, but still funny. season two is pretty good and generates plenty of laughs, but im a bigger fan of season one for sure. i need to get the dvd.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    +1 to what Ako said

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Probably a lot funnier when ripped

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Okem said:
    Paul said:

Yeah I'd never even heard of this till a friend started raving about it. Top class comedy wrongly slept on. Apart, from that, would have to agree that Peep Show is probably the only brit comedy I would make time to watch anymore.