edited July 2010 in Strut Central
eddie murphy.
peace, stein. . . :cheese:

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    (c.) charlie murphy

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rakim vs Drake

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

It's Richard Pryor all day!!! He was father to Eddie Murphy's style, so I have to give the nod to Daddy Rich!!! :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Rakim vs Drake

I thought it was Drake vs The World?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    pryor all day..
    shit gits real good at about 2:26

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    age old question. think for many it has to do with who you grew up with. For me it was Eddie Murphy -- personally think he's the best stand-up of all time.

Woimsah said:
    age old question. think for many it has to do with who you grew up with. For me it was Eddie Murphy -- personally think he's the best stand-up of all time.

Young Holt Unlimited Plays SuperFly > Curtis Mayfield Superfly.

Eddie has Comedian/Delirious/Raw

Pryor has way more classic STAND UP comedy albums.

Movies vs Movies might be a better VS.

Like Stacks said earlier Murphy got his game from Pryor.

Dude is pretty much the template for a whole generation of not just African - Americans but all comedians.

I guarantee Murphy's favorite IS Pryor.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'd have to go with both. True, Murphy may as well be Pryor with the bitterness gone, but he did well with what he had. I haven't played Eddie's self-titled comedy LP in eons, but I still smile whenever I think of random catchphrases from that album ("29 cent - what a bargain!," "oh shit, I seent it!," "dominus obus - he'll be alright," etc.).

Woimsah said:

Anybody coming up in the early eighties would have grown up with both. You might have snuck in the basement to hear Pryor in his prime, but by the time you hit the teen years, you were openly listening to Murphy. And still digging both.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    having been an adolescent in the eighties I definitely laughed more to Eddie Murphy - watching delirious and raw over and over again. But truth be told Richard Pryor > Eddie Murphy

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Pryor co-wrote Blazing Saddles. That's a wrap.

DrWu said:
    Pryor co-wrote Wino Vs Dracula. That's a wrap.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    has anyone ever laid their eyes on any footage from the "lost" Pryor film Uncle Tom's Fairy Tales? all i have heard is that the negatives were distroyed in a domestic dispute, and legalities run rampant through whatever footage is still around.

ps. without Pryor, there would be no Murphy

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Whatever -- don't care who birthed who -- they're both hilarious and both geniuses.

Only dude that's been making laugh out loud via stand-up as of late is Louis CK. The saddest handjob in the world bit had me gone...

Woimsah said:
    Whatever -- don't care who birthed who -- they're both hilarious and both geniuses.

Only dude that's been making laugh out loud via stand-up as of late is Louis CK. The saddest handjob in the world bit had me gone...

Lock Thread Now

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Richard Pryor is tops by half a mile and a blur of fire.

As for current comedians...Jim Jeffries kills me.