Cops tase 57yr old schoolteacher after calling for help

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
2 officers out of jobs in wake of repeated Tasering of woman

By Rhonda Cook

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
3:27 p.m. Monday, July 12, 2010

Janice Wells called the Richland Police Department when she feared a prowler was outside her clapboard house in the rural west Georgia town.

The third-grade teacher had phoned for help. But within minutes of an officer coming to her backdoor, she was screaming in pain and begging not to be shocked again with a Taser. With each scream and cry, the officer threatened her with more shocks.

"All of it's just unreal to me. I was scared to death," Wells said in an interview with the AJC. "He kept tasing me and tasing me. My fingernails are still burned. My leg, back and my butt had a long scar on it for days."

The officer in question is Ryan Smith of the Lumpkin Police Department. Smith was called to back up an officer from the Richland Police Department because the sheriff's office in the county, Stewart, had no deputies to send.

Smith resigned as a result of the incident. The other officer involved, Tim Murphy of Richland PD, was fired for using pepper spray while trying to arrest Wells.

Wells is considering filing a lawsuit, according to her attorney,.

Cont. http://www.ajc.com/news/2-officers-out-of-568967.html

I want to hurt someone.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Smith now works for the Chattahoochee County Sheriff's office.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im speechless some straight up bullshit right there.
    Imagine what went down before they had video camera's in cop cars.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cops are such imbeciles that it is risky to EVER call them even when it's you that is in need of help. This is nothing new.