price czech - cenobites lp

BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
still some appetite for this out there? any commentary on the second hand rapp market for stuff of this ilk gratefully accepted.
> http://www.popsike.com/THE-CENOBITES-LP-KOOL-KEITH-GODFATHER-DON-RANDOM-1997/280294370498.html

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You can barely give stuff like that way these days.

Pretty much everyone who ever bought a Fondle 'Em release realized it was garbage during the past decade and as a result the market is now totally saturated.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    cheers for the info mate

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Cenubites isn't garbage, and while it isn't at the height of its value anymore, it's not undesirable (on original pressing, at least)

Try discogs for this stuff.

I ride for Cenubites/Jugganots/Siah & Yeshuah/KMD/MF Doom as far as Fondle 'Em releases go. They've all aged well IMO.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Cenubites isn't garbage, and while it isn't at the height of its value anymore, it's not undesirable (on original pressing, at least)

I ride for Cenubites/Jugganots/Siah & Yeshuah/KMD/MF Doom as far as Fondle 'Em releases go. They've all aged well IMO.

I will ride for Juggaknots and Siah & Yeshua

I will continue to insist that Cenobites is garbage, tho

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

"I GOT A BRAND NEW FORD BRIGHT YELLOW ORANGE PICKUP TRUCK CRUSIN THRU TOWN LIKE I'M JOHNNY ESPOSITO"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its been a big hole in my Kool Keith collectron for a long minute.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

you are out of your damn mind. siah & yeshua > cenobites??? sorry, but that's just retarded.

Possum Tom said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

you are out of your damn mind. siah & yeshua > cenobites??? sorry, but that's just retarded.

By "ride" I do not mean "file"

Had I done so, perhaps I could revisit the Siah and Yeshua LP and reconsider my position that it is better than Cenobites.

Cenobites is definitely garbage, though

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I jammed Siah & Yeshuah the other day. Honestly, it holds up less well than the others I've mentioned, but it's got a place in my canon of overarching concept records.

Siah & Yeshua have heated up the hip-hop crucible with an ambitious and creative EP... the chemistry between the two MCs flow like liquid lightning, especially on 'A Day Like Any Other,' their 11 minute tour de force of verbal tag-teaming. As well, [they] whip up jazzy brews on the musical tip, drawing from influences as far and wide as Igor Stravinsky, Herbie Mann and Quincy Jones...a rarely-heard, amazing effort that quenches the creative thirst of both mind and ear. Siah & Yeshua represent the fullest, underground hip-hop at its height of cutting-edge creativity.

Guess who?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Possum Tom said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Had I done so, perhaps I could revisit the Siah and Yeshua LP and reconsider my position that it is better than Cenobites.

do you think 'the four horsemen' is garbage too?

Possum Tom said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Possum Tom said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

do you think 'the four horsemen' is garbage too?

No, I like it. But, to be honest, it's been a long time since I've listened to it.

• Hey there - I didn't see anyone mentioning this, but the copy pictured in the first link isn't an og pressing - the original had the "Cenubites" typo, a different font and no sticker. I got mine at the old NYC Fat Beats when it came out and still listen to it. If that seller is passing it off as og, that's (first post)

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Chet: I thought the E.P. was "Cenubites" (w/ 7 songs), but LP spelled it "Cenobites" (w/9 songs)

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I love that record but mine has a scratch. DAGNABBIT!!!

• I remember reading that Cenubites was a misprint, and the LP was just a re-issue with the "Kick A Dope Verse" remix and Bobbito solo cut tacked on, but who knows. I've looked for the EP version on ebay out of curiosity, but I don't recall seeing it much. There are some great outtakes beyond that limited press that came out last year, which didn't really feature KK - I found them here http://unheard78.blogspot.com/2009/09/kool-keith-and-godfather-don-are.html not sure if the files will still load, but worth checking.

• The Juggaknots was a great album. "Clear Blue Skies" is still one of those songs I can just get into. I like the Siah and Yeshua Dapo ED EP, but the highlight for the entire thing is clearly "A Day Just Like Any Other."