Almond Appreciation Thread.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
She's awesome, feisty, takes no sh*t from the usual bullies and almost all her posts make me chuckle due to her dry wit and nutty humor that sometimes comes out of left-field (see Harry Potter thread). Plus she sent me a sweet, concerned and helpful PM when I started a thread about my anxiety attacks.

APPRECIATE HER!

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Herm said:
    Plus she sent me a sweet, concerned and helpful PM when I started a thread about my anxiety attacks.

I did? Maybe it was someone else.

An unexpected thread...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Herm said:

I did? Maybe it was someone else.

Okay...wait. Maybe it WAS somebody else, but I think you responded in that thread. Also, I think you sent me one about Invisalign. Regardless of that though, appreciation is still deserved.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I remember the Invisalign one. I'm wearing my retainer right now, btw.
    I have a feeling this thread will be between me, you and a random hater. Still waiting for the hater.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Almond said:
    I remember the Invisalign one. I'm wearing my retainer right now, btw.
    I have a feeling this thread will be between me, you and a random hater. Still waiting for the hater.

I need to teach you the steps to follow when you're the recipient of your very own appreciation thread:

1. You read the initial post but do NOT respond.
    2. You read the responses as often as possible, even if that means you refresh your page every minute and read them in real-time, but do NOT respond.
    3. If a hater pops up with less-than-kind words, do NOT respond. Somebody will come to your defense soon enough.
    4. You may respond when the first of the following occurs:
    a) The thread hits at least 6 positive appreciation responses...OR...
    b) The thread is at risk of falling off the front page with only a couple responses or even just the initial post. Once it falls off, you can't expect anybody but yourself to bring it back from the dead.
    5. A humble thank you and an "awwww shucks" is acceptable, however do NOT attempt to feign ignorance as we will see right through you, especially if you've been posting in other threads while waiting for your appreciation thread to be beefed up with responses.

Pretty simple process, no? They're supposed to be unwritten rules, but I like to shed light once in a while.

And don't worry, it won't just be us two and a hater.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Almonds are my least favourite nut.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:

Dude... marzipan!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:

Dude... marzipan!

I hate marzipan even more than Almonds. yucky yuck yuck.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Not even any love for a Bakewell tart?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    mylatency said:

Almond Joy Mound. pause. ayo. (or) lmhat.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:

No not even.

Okem said:
    Junior said:

No not even.

For shame.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    respect to almond! nutty like we like em.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I don't think she's said a bad word about Euromen although this thread derailment makes me think I missed something.

Almond's cool, respect from me here. Just got caught up in Moke's dismissal of one of the ubernuts. Apologies Almond, you're a welcome different voice on the board, derailment over.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    I ride for Almond, Almonds, and Bakewell tarts (the Mr. Kipling re-ish, not the OG (I am a frequent Bakewell visitor and the OG is somewhat different)).

Kipling got the cake game on lock.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I was just trying to provide the aforementioned hat, that Almond was predicting. but I have no hat for Almond. Almonds on the other hand are foul fetid tree spunk and an attestation of the existence of evil. In contrast Almond (the struteur) is like a double rainbow, all the way across.

Almond and Bassie the only female poasters these days, it seems.

img src="http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/respect-boobs.jpg
    " alt="" />

Damn got creaped out. Yes, even here.
    Elise working for Lotus.
    Selina Kyle outed as 3rd alter-ego of BATMON / No internet access from Arkham.

Almond and Bassie the only female poasters these days, it seems.

Damn got creaped out. Yes, even here.
    Elise working for Lotus.
    Selina Kyle outed as 3rd alter-ego of BATMON / No internet access from Arkham.

Okem said:
    Almonds on the other hand are foul fetid tree spunk and an attestation of the existence of evil.

They get arsenic from almonds?
    Never been poisoned by marzipan yet, touch wood.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I ride for Almond.
    The gurl is quite cute, plus she loves good music.

{creeper}I kept up with her room-mate drama like it was Young and the Restless.
    What happended to them? The one who wouldn't do the dishes?{creeper}

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    That recap of Goblet of Fire was pretty damn amazing. And accurate (I've seen the movie).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Finally, Almond gets some love up in here!!! Yes, I love her posts too, as they are always entertaining and witty. Also, she comes across as a kind soul, and she knows some records too. Just know, Almond, that you got love out in Central Jerz!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    'Al-mond' or 'Ahh'mond'?

• I ride for Almond. You and your straight, no frilly-lace commentary on various subject matter is always an intriging read. Plus, you did come to bat for me during my "strut" issue. Much love from this fellow.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i never properly responded, but she showed interest in my quest to become an old man. i'll ride.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I ride......top poster.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Almond is hard as fusk.

Burns said:
    I ride for Almond.
    Un-pasue.

Always a pleasure.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    'Preciated indeed.