I WANT YOU MF's TO SEE SOMETHIN

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    ketan said:
    The second lead dancer is   She comes in around 1min in.

reina_queenme on IG 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    ketan said:
    The second lead dancer is   She comes in around 1min in.

reina_queenme on IG 

Oh, amazing, thanks!  Gonna have to check out some of her videos.  Looks like she has a yt.

Tight: https://www dot instagram dot com/p/BvRbTVThann/

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Two people divided by a common language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houFuiYrEi0

I fucking LOL'd at his eye roll at the end.

Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beats

Holy shit, I totally missed this one

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts
    "I'm NOT sorry I took the money! BLAHHH!"

This is so weird. There's moments, but wow, I can't. Never before has a keyboard player's sweater been so emblematic.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    I saw that lineup a few times in person - the band were killer.  I think that's Dennis Davis on drums, Zach Breaux on guitar (both now sadly gone) and IIRC Dwight Gassaway on keys (he was good on vibes and percussion too.)  Probably Donald Nix on bass.  I got to speak with them a couple of times, great guys.  Personally Zach's passing hurt the most, he was fire on the guitar and went too soon, he drowned trying to save someone else caught in a riptide in Florida.  He'd previously saved someone else this way in Italy.

The biggest dislike for me was Roy playing that KAT synth-vibe unit- The sound is so cheesy (although there's a live at Ronnie Scotts gig where it sounds better than this).

I'd have preferred him to play his old Deagan Commander 11594 but they are mega-valuable and I suppose a PITA to have to transport (where it stays in one piece).  I just googled what they cost and saw the old Zappa band one went for 56K at auction.  Not something you want to entrust to the baggage manglers.

Okay, so I learn about this teenage girl in Louisiana from the early 20th century who joined the Church of Sacrifice and likely beheaded about 35 people before being caught.  Standard Reddit TIL business.  That leads me to this Wiki:  The Axeman of New Orleans, who killed a gang people with an axe (obviously) and at one point wrote this letter to the public (emphasis mine):

Hottest Hell, March 13, 1919

Esteemed Mortal of New Orleans: The Axeman

They have never caught me and they never will. They have never seen me, for I am invisible, even as the ether that surrounds your earth. I am not a human being, but a spirit and a demon from the hottest hell. I am what you Orleanians and your foolish police call the Axeman.

When I see fit, I shall come and claim other victims. I alone know whom they shall be. I shall leave no clue except my bloody axe, besmeared with blood and brains of he whom I have sent below to keep me company.

If you wish you may tell the police to be careful not to rile me. Of course, I am a reasonable spirit. I take no offense at the way they have conducted their investigations in the past. In fact, they have been so utterly stupid as to not only amuse me, but His Satanic Majesty, Francis Josef, etc. But tell them to beware. Let them not try to discover what I am, for it were better that they were never born than to incur the wrath of the Axeman. I don't think there is any need of such a warning, for I feel sure the police will always dodge me, as they have in the past. They are wise and know how to keep away from all harm.

Undoubtedly, you Orleanians think of me as a most horrible murderer, which I am, but I could be much worse if I wanted to. If I wished, I could pay a visit to your city every night. At will I could slay thousands of your best citizens (and the worst), for I am in close relationship with the Angel of Death.

Now, to be exact, at 12:15 (earthly time) on next Tuesday night, I am going to pass over New Orleans. In my infinite mercy, I am going to make a little proposition to you people. Here it is:

I am very fond of jazz music, and I swear by all the devils in the nether regions that every person shall be spared in whose home a jazz band is in full swing at the time I have just mentioned. If everyone has a jazz band going, well, then, so much the better for you people. One thing is certain and that is that some of your people who do not jazz it out on that specific Tuesday night (if there be any) will get the axe.

Well, as I am cold and crave the warmth of my native Tartarus, and it is about time I leave your earthly home, I will cease my discourse. Hoping that thou wilt publish this, that it may go well with thee, I have been, am and will be the worst spirit that ever existed either in fact or realm of fancy.

--The Axeman

As per Wikipedia: That night all of New Orleans' dance halls were filled to capacity, and professional and amateur bands played jazz at parties at hundreds of houses around town. There were no murders that night.

Which led to this:

Thank god he wasn't into EDM, right?

Edit: Garrow and Davilla look shook in that photo.

• Axeman Gerald

DuderonomyElectrode

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    ketan said:

That’s amazing!

Careful, this could be your whole morning
    DuderonomyElectrode

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts
    Haha....its like the UFC version of those Botchamania video endings, only better.

• ketan said:

Man this would take SO LONG to do. Serious commitment to the gag

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    billbradley

• Is Carlos the Mexican Reggae Jackal still operating on the 'bay? He seems more like a Joker type villain though.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    Yemsky said:

LOLOL

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    ketanhighscheme

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm sure most saw this a few months ago. But it still blows my mind how well of a job this dude did. Not just on the music, but the video editing chop up. The first time I saw it, I can't lie. For a second I was like "What? Brubeck did Golden Brown???"

ketan

ppadilhaDOR

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    ketan said:

YOU WANT TO GET NUTS?!!! COME ON! Lets get nuts!

Duderonomy

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Yemsky said:

RAJ

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

Let’s see if he bites. 

Somebody should go in there and offer me 200 dollars. 

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

Let’s see if he bites. 

It would be even funnier if it was Harrison trolling this dude.

• YemskyYemsky 706 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Yemsky said:
    dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

Let’s see if he bites. 

dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

RAJ said:
    Yemsky said:
    dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

Let’s see if he bites. 

You can have some laughs watching his isht https://youtu.be/sPpRU7xjpaw but I am not sure whether this guys really is just an innocent but cringeworthy dork addressing novice record collectors: Since I watched that first video on his channel I am being targeted with adverts on transformational self-aid, how to overcome your past, how to set and achieve you life goals. I never had those adverts before. 

RAJ said:
    Yemsky said:
    dizzybull said:
    Yemsky said:

Well placed bait  

Let’s see if he bites. 

Hahaha he would probably think I’m being mean. And I suppose he would be right. That video... if it is satire it is genius. If it isn’t.... I mean, live and let live I guess but the urge to clon is too strong to resist.