Ask Philadelphia Freeway: Post Your Questions

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
A friend of mine is interviewing Free tomorrow for 215 magazine and asking for questions.

Leave'em here and I will pass along in the morning (earrrly).

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I always wanted to know why he rhymes out one side of his mouth. For real!! I mean, it's not a proper question but that shit always freaked me out. He has like a Sylvester Stallone thing goin on.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Will "Goodbye (My Block)" ever be on an album? Easily my favorite song from him.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Drew,

Ask him how a unknown producer can submit him some beats. :real_headz: A brotha is trying to get some production work (and shine) over here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Where does he place the first State Property album in the pantheon? (Serious question!)

Also, ask how he came up with his rhyme scheme. It's totally different than any other rapper I've heard. I like to say it's similar to the FOIL Method, but nobody ever knows what I'm talking about.

• Ask him about the change in the actual style of beats and song structures from when he began to rap. From boom bap.. to the just and kanye stuff... to the more southern keyboard sound with the emphasis on the hook style of today. How has that played into his music making. What are a few Roc beats he was upset he didn't get that he would have loved to have.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    First Outer Inner Last.

Math term, I looked it up.

LaserWolf said:
    First Outer Inner Last.

Math term, I looked it up.

Ha ha! Man, that term has been ingrained in my head since 6th grade pre-algebra!

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Drew,

Ask him how a unknown producer can submit him some beats. :real_headz: A brotha is trying to get some production work (and shine) over here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    this

and

two generic questions:
    Favorite Hip-Hop Album
    Favorite Non-Hip-Hop album

• my friend wants to know:
    what made you start writing and keeps you writing?

• The FOIL method HERM mentioned Free using is kinda like Shakespearean sonnet rhyme-scheme related.
    Is the huge beard just a sly reference to the bard's influence on his rhymes?
    Real English Majors Want to Know the Deal.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thanks for these, included many of them.

Will follow up when interview is published (no timetable yet).