new shadow thread(s)

2»

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    all i know is Fairey is an inspiration for myself

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Ok, I could care less about DJ Shadow, hiphop, and you, but I need to shout this out loud: A DUDE THROWING A MOLITOV COCKTAIL WITH A DJ SHADOW RECORD BAG IS PRETENTIOUS AND LUDICROUS AND ABSOLUTELY LAME-O!
    i don't really get this danno... but keep on keepin' on man(?)

peep the graphics on the promo site

That graphic is awful: looks like dude just cut off his girlfriend's ponytail & stuck it in an evian bottle.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Ok, I could care less about DJ Shadow, hiphop, and you, but I need to shout this out loud: A DUDE THROWING A MOLITOV COCKTAIL WITH A DJ SHADOW RECORD BAG IS PRETENTIOUS AND LUDICROUS AND ABSOLUTELY LAME-O!

That graphic is awful: looks like dude just cut off his girlfriend's ponytail & stuck it in an evian bottle.

That's exactly what I thought. What do you think dude has in those utility pockets? 45 adapters? record cleaning brush? maybe his wantlist? the revolutionary vanguard is definitely a bunch of record collectors and DJ shadow fans...

FACT[/b]: during the cultural revolution, 7 out of 10 red guards owned at least two privately pressed funk records

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That's exactly what I thought. What do you think dude has in those utility pockets? 45 adapters? record cleaning brush? maybe his wantlist? the revolutionary vanguard is definitely a bunch of record collectors and DJ shadow fans...

FACT[/b]: during the cultural revolution, 7 out of 10 red guards owned at least two privately pressed funk records

Note to self: start carrying record cleaning brush in utility pockets...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i think a lot of people might say they don't like something solely on the basis that either you, or someone else with a high post count said they don't.

this is the funniest statement i've read in quite some time

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Bottom line, they both continue to get paid nicely to do their thing while, I type on a message board.
    Bottom line, they both continue to get paid nicely to do their thing while, I type on a message board.

This is really fucking weird...but I swear I was changing my little picture dealy to "OBEY" when I caught this thread. It will stay until faux says something positive about shadow. HAH!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    FACT: during the cultural revolution, 7 out of 10 red guards owned at least two privately pressed funk records.

Funniest shit ever...

PS Moderator, I believe this is my contribution...is it?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I've met the dude, but I do not own and there for can not celebraet any of his catalogue.

it was hilarious how family guy parodied OBEY, where probably 2% of its audience probably got it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I am the same age as Shepard. We came from the same town. Charleston, SC. He's the same dude now as he was when he started pasting those little "Andre the Giant has a Posse" stickers as an inside joke back in like(?)'89. Cool, laid back and loves what he does. I'm glad he's getting paid.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    it was hilarious how family guy parodied OBEY, where probably 2% of its audience probably got it.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Family Guy attracts a pretty interesting crowd of fans.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Isn't the OBEY dude out of Rhode Island, like the creator of Family Guy?

ya seth mcfarlane and shep went to the same school.

odub, you're probably right, make it 20%

in the MFin' house. Maybe SHep should do a David Byrne boxset next.

ya seth mcfarlane and shep went to the same school.

odub, you're probably right, make it 20%

• I'd venture to say that he does this shit because, well, his dorky fans EAT THAT SHIT UP. I mean, people are pretty fan-atical about Mr. Shadow and they love this stupid little collectors shit that makes them feel like they're his biggest fans ever. This shit annoys the shit out of me too, but it's probably because I'm not the Target Audience.

dude, if diplo did the same thing you'd be slipping on your pre-cum to run and cop it.

or would you just wait it out for a Young Geezy limited edition snow globe instead.

we're all dorks and have our own personal "shadow t-shirt gift pack" to bug out over.

If Diplo did the same thing you'd be slipping on your pre-cum to run and cop it.

or would you just wait it out for a Young Geezy limited edition snow globe instead.

we're all dorks and have our own personal "shadow t-shirt gift pack" to bug out over.