Fashion Show...........

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! It's stuff like this that reminds me to not quit deejaying! Lol. For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around 30 naked women!!!! Not to mention free alchohol all night. I was in the dressing room chillin' and they were all in there getting ready running around with literally nothing on. I mean there was some work in that there place. My godness, it was good. Of course the battery on my camcorder was dead. One of my better gigs though, did a rave on Sat. night with Mark Farina, it was outside at the Science Center. Another dope gig but a really weird crowd! Grown men in bugs bunny outfits with glow sticks dancing for four hours straight? WTF? ::

Comments

• did a rave on Sat. night

They still have those?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    fashion shows and related parties are typically the highest paying dj gigs out there. must be hard to come by in seattle. no?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I know!!!!!!! Can you believe that shit????? I know I was hired to dj an event and had no idea what it was until I got there. It was some really weird shit, I'm telling you. The set up was emmaculate though. The crowd? I know it was crowded and there was a crew of females that were there from canada that really set it off!

fashion shows and related parties are typically the highest paying dj gigs out there. must be hard to come by in seattle. no?

Yes! Very hard, few and far between. At least they called me though! Lol. Some promoter was there and booked me to play with DJ AM at an upcoming party too.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Jelous One's Envy...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    ALTERNATE GIGS WE'D LIKE TO SEE:

I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around grown men in bugs bunny outfits with glow sticks!!!! Then I did a rave on Sat. night with Mark Farina, it was outside at the Science Center. Another dope gig but a really weird crowd! 30 naked women dancing for four hours straight? WTF?

• booked me to play with DJ AM at an upcoming party too.

thats some good shine... why don't you at least clown him a little though... just for us.

ALTERNATE GIGS WE'D LIKE TO SEE

I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around grown men in bugs bunny outfits with glow sticks!!!! Then I did a rave on Sat. night with Mark Farina, it was outside at the Science Center. Another dope gig but a really weird crowd! 30 naked women dancing for four hours straight? WTF?

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!

::

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I know it was crowded and there was a crew of females that were there from canada that really set it off!
    Were they from Vancouver? I remember going up there one Friday night (last Halloween) and hollaring at mad fly ladies!! Canada chicks

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Stories like this make me want to DJ.

Once two girls wandered into the studio during one of my late night shows and offered to take of their shirts if I put them on air. They were busted, so I was like, no thanks and then I went back to playing records.

Anyway, you win deerock.

• I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! It's stuff like this that reminds me to not quit deejaying! Lol. For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around 30 naked women!!!! Not to mention free alchohol all night. I was in the dressing room chillin' and they were all in there getting ready running around with literally nothing on. I mean there was some work in that there place. My godness, it was good.

... that sounds prime.

Just curious, what kind of music do you play for a fashion show? Isn't it already coordinated, or picked by the designers?

Peace...
    FNM

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    usually house music, but i've had them ask for funk. depends on the line. last one i did was all rock...rolling stones, zeppelin ect.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I never did a fashion show.
    But I did do a photoshoot once. And that was really weird. They had a setup in a big-ass empty studio and a dancefloor ready. Then they had 1 celebrity and 20 girls dancing around him/her.
    So I played music for 15 minutes while they photographed the dancing bunch in front of me and when they thought they had the shot told me to stop.
    Then the next celebrity would come in and I would play another 15 minutes, and so on and so on.

(new greamlins rock. )

Ok, so tonight I do this clubs 5th anniversary party. They want me on at 9:00PM. I get there at 8:40 and bring all my crates in and there is nothing hooked up for me to play! They had some tables a piece o' crap mixer and a janky monitor! Hmmm... Well I get it going and 20 minutes into my set these two girls in naughty school girl outfits come up to me and say "We are your dancers for tonight" !!!!!!! For real they both get on each side of the tables and start gyrating like crazy, I thought I was gonna lose it man! This time I had the camcorder ready to go too, so my man got some footage. It was pretty good. Then some fat girl with a bunch of tattoos won't stop looking at me and at the end of the night she asked me if I had a girl and I told her "YES" and she asked do I love her? WTF? I said "YES". Then she grabs my cell phone from off the turntable and calls hersef and tells me I have her number now and to use it! I erased it before I even got to the front door! Lol.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ok, so tonight I do this clubs 5th anniversary party. They want me on at 9:00PM. I get there at 8:40 and bring all my crates in and there is nothing hooked up for me to play! They had some tables a piece o' crap mixer and a janky monitor! Hmmm... Well I get it going and 20 minutes into my set these two girls in naughty school girl outfits come up to me and say "We are your dancers for tonight" !!!!!!! For real they both get on each side of the tables and start gyrating like crazy, I thought I was gonna lose it man! This time I had the camcorder ready to go too, so my man got some footage. It was pretty good. Then some fat girl with a bunch of tattoos won't stop looking at me and at the end of the night she asked me if I had a girl and I told her "YES" and she asked do I love her? WTF? I said "YES". Then she grabs my cell phone from off the turntable and calls hersef and tells me I have her number now and to use it! I erased it before I even got to the front door! Lol.

classic!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Don't front on them big girls, 'Preme... more cushion for the pushin' and eager to please (in order to make up for whatever they may be lacking in physical beauty). Winter's gonna be here soon, too... nothin' better than a big ol' bed warmer layin' next to you in January.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This time I had the camcorder ready to go too, so my man got some footage. It was pretty good.
    Plaese post said footage.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! It's stuff like this that reminds me to not quit deejaying! Lol. For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around 30 naked women!!!! Not to mention free alchohol all night. I was in the dressing room chillin' and they were all in there getting ready running around with literally nothing on. I mean there was some work in that there place. My godness, it was good. Of course the battery on my camcorder was dead. One of my better gigs though, did a rave on Sat. night with Mark Farina, it was outside at the Science Center. Another dope gig but a really weird crowd! Grown men in bugs bunny outfits with glow sticks dancing for four hours straight? WTF?

So do the designers tell you specific music they want you to play, or do you just play what you feel will work?

(i ask because i might be djing a fashion show in the next couple weeks, i want to make sure i am prepared for the type of music they ask for).

I deejayed a fashion show last night and safe to say I had the absolute best seat in the house! It's stuff like this that reminds me to not quit deejaying! Lol. For real, I was overpaid and underworked to be around 30 naked women!!!! Not to mention free alchohol all night. I was in the dressing room chillin' and they were all in there getting ready running around with literally nothing on. I mean there was some work in that there place. My godness, it was good. Of course the battery on my camcorder was dead. One of my better gigs though, did a rave on Sat. night with Mark Farina, it was outside at the Science Center. Another dope gig but a really weird crowd! Grown men in bugs bunny outfits with glow sticks dancing for four hours straight? WTF?

So do the designers tell you specific music they want you to play, or do you just play what you feel will work?

(i ask because i might be djing a fashion show in the next couple weeks, i want to make sure i am prepared for the type of music they ask for).

Actually a bit of both. This time I played what I wanted and just went with the flow and the last time I had the designer get me a track list 3 weeks prior to the show and in order. What they don't know though is how long the songs are and they wanted one song for real long, so be sure to have doubles so you can extend if you have to or use the loop function on your cdj. Also, sometimes they have a host or mc talking about the clothes so for those times I always rock instrumentals. It doesn't sound good when people talk over lyrics. I don't know how to convert my files to mpeg. So no footage as of yet!

Note to Phil: Believe me dude I know how big girls or even ugly ones can really make up for what they are lacking!!!! I went there a few times and can not front that this one big girl can put it down like no other! LOL.......................

That was back in the day though and I have been with a solid piece for two years now.