Road Trippin.... again..

mateomateo 163 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
gettin ready to head out on a trip from the bottom to the top.. anybody got any good camping areas to be? im gonna be in humbolt county area for the first site, and somewhere in oregon along the coast kinda for the second and then in northwest washington by the coast.... pretty much gonna be on either the 101 or PCH the whole way up..i dont really wanna venture far from the coast... im lookin for an area with low population... very low key... and i got a dog...not really lookin for a place with alot of amenities... just bare....

thanks in advance

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    if you can make it all the way to shi shi beach on the WA peninsula, that's a good one...

Second Beach at La Push is the classic too. If you can get there on a weekday, it'll help...but it's always worth it.

those go-to spots. for the ages. Second Beach is easy in and out, with your goonie-esque sea stacks etcetcetc...bang for buck...

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    id rather not run into any warewolves or vampires whilst La Push-ing...but shi shi looks splendid....i could do without a hike to the camping.... i like the hiking, but this isnt that kind of camping this time.... but shi shi might have to be checked out... u think i would be able to just show up all un-announced and stuff or what...
    thanks for lookin out duke...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    shi shi and that whole cape flattery zone is insane...hiking-wise, the whole coast from la push up to the top is mind-blowing...even on the busiest of days, you can't go wrong with showing up at rialto beach and just walking north until it's time to camp...if you can get a permit from lake ozette out to cape alava, that's got to be one of the best day hikes out there.

shi shi is just show up styles, though, yeah.

la push second beach is so good though...not sure how much twilightizm affects that zone (never seen/read--do they hit the beach? I know it's big in the town of Forks)...

the olympic peninsula is great, especially that top corner.

not as warm as oregon coast, though...

I have a bunch of surfer friends who may know some other straight up camping spots, but I know shi shi and the la push/rialto area from personal experience...they rule. I stayed at the main campground at lake crescent last summer for a couple days, that's a good spot too. super deep clear lake up there...