Summer Jams of Years Past

124»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    BOYS TALKIN DOWN I GOT THEM DIAMONDS IN MA MOUF

THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY!!!! SAYIN!

• dizzydizzy 11 Posts
    I wasn't alive when this came out but, i hope you guys were gettin ass to this.

• I bought a Killa Kuts of "Gimme That" like a month ago only to realize I had it on the b-side of some other Killa Kuts from like 6 months ago. Shit doesn't just get released and magically become popular. Shit takes time.

THAT DARN TURNTABLELAB!

2003 was a dope "summer" for "Jams". The boy gave a lot of residual finger bangs by playing the beautifull/frontin/beyonce trifecta.

I just heard Frontin' today for the first time in a minute., I love that record. Some real "catnip" for honkeys but shit is still pretty good. That was at the height of trucker caps, faux-hawks, and that gay-ass show the "O.C.".

• Originally released in fall of '99 when Ross Hogg is still listening to Mudhoney and Dinosaur Jr.

Finally makes it onto commercial hip-hop radio in late summer of '04, a lag so lengthy that Ross has managed to transform himself into one of the Bay Area's most notorious Jafakin' selecters.

::sonned::

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Terry_Clubbup said:

We're talking about summer jams, not summertime catnip for white people, you poptart.

I noticed you getting uncomfortable when
    "Believe" by the one Cher was brought into the equation,
    a summer jam without room for refutation.

But that is all you have to do...simply, "Believe".

Damn, Clubbup was so prescient, anticipating the eventual dominance of Autotune

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Sasha's "Sexy Body"

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    for posterity:

these 2 seem to be the summer jams of 2010 in NOLA (w/slight edge to Dougie)

• the drums are determined and persistent...

low-budget accident

my new favorite track